Pestana Palm Gardens

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
cavuu
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Pestana Palm Gardens

Post by cavuu »

Looking for opinions on longterm stay at Pestana Palm Gardens- what is it like? Comparison to Rocha Brava re: location, conveniences, set up of units, help if problems occur within the unit, quality of the furniture
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We've stayed at Palm Gardens 4 or 5 times ranging from 1 night to 10 nights (so not long stay) and at Rocha Brava once for 3 nights. This has always been out of season (Dec to March).

We've much preferred Palm Gardens for location, quality of accommodation/fittings etc We've always ended up with a larger unit than we've expected (ie 2 bed rather than one bed ). Heating system is better at PG if it's winter. Haven't eaten there but we've used the bar where they've been friendly even tho' we've not been big drinkers/spenders.
PAULDJ4
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PAULDJ4 »

We are also looking at Palm Gardens, can you advise if its close enough to walk into Carvoeiro centre.
karen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by karen »

I've stayed at Palm Gardens many, many times. In fact for several years I worked for Pestana so I know the resort inside out. I was there for 10 days a week ago.

They only have have 2 bedroom units on the resort, but they do advertise a 1 bed tariff. So grab yourself a bargin!! If anyone wants pictures of the interior send me a pm and I can forward then to you. Unit layout varies but all have full bathroom and seperate shower room.Very high standard of fixtures and fittings. Great full kitchens. Maid service excellent and they are warm in winter!

I have also stayed at Rocha Brava, only the once. Not impressed!

You can walk into Carvoeiro centre. I would say walk in, taxi back. It more or less takes 20 minutes.
cavuu
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by cavuu »

Thanks for the replies we have booked for 8 weeks