Wet Forcast

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
tbbr
CVO Master
CVO Master

Wet Forcast

Post by tbbr »

The weather forcast for the next week is rain everyday is this likely to continue through the christmas holiday ???
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

This 10 day forecast shows it a bit better over Xmas. But then we all know about 10 day weather forecasts!
tbbr
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by tbbr »

Thats looks a bit better, I know that we need the rain ( we have just had our garden done ) but a few sunny days over christmas and a dry warm NYE would be nice.

Down hear in somerset heavy frost this am, slithered out of village on un gritted roads.
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

:lol: Yes very cold and frosty this morning -2.4 when I went out to feed my animals, brrrr.... wish I was in Portugal now, my feet are freezing
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

I wish I hadn't looked. It does seem as though we're in for a few days of rain and thunder, which is a shame being so close to Christmas.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Misty wrote:I wish I hadn't looked. It does seem as though we're in for a few days of rain and thunder, which is a shame being so close to Christmas.
Rain and thunder? Who cares? Not I, for I shall be leaving behind, ice, snow, and bloody freezing cold! None of which I suspect I'll have to face in CVO 8)
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SJ & RE »

Lucky sxd
Its darn cold here in deepest darkest Dorset,and one of our bloody guests we have staying with us who was not eating with us tonight has rung up and changed his mind, that means I shall have to go out down the yard thru the bloody cows to the freezer to get something out for dinner. Shxt, as Richard and I were having a nice simple dinner of beans, sausages and mashed potatoes. I now have to pull something out of the hat for three courses for the guest. SHXT, SHXT SHXT. Its cold out there, and still frosty. :cry: :cry:
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Nice to see you have got into the Christmas spirit aleady. :D
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

laserblazer wrote:Nice to see you have got into the Christmas spirit aleady. :D
I certainly have. I have made (and drunk) gallons of mulled wine since 1st December 8)

Mmm, is drunk the correct word? Hic, yep, it is. :P
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

Michael Crane wrote:
Misty wrote:I wish I hadn't looked. It does seem as though we're in for a few days of rain and thunder, which is a shame being so close to Christmas.
Rain and thunder? Who cares? Not I, for I shall be leaving behind, ice, snow, and bloody freezing cold! None of which I suspect I'll have to face in CVO 8)
I am in Carvoeiro and I thought that's what this was about :roll: Check the Algarve forecast.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Misty wrote:
Michael Crane wrote:
I am in Carvoeiro and I thought that's what this was about :roll: Check the Algarve forecast.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're getting at :?
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

There is frost already in the Algarve and unless you have a really warm property here it is actually already freezing cold (seems colder than last year at this time). Add to that the rain and thunder.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Misty wrote:There is frost already in the Algarve and unless you have a really warm property here it is actually already freezing cold (seems colder than last year at this time). Add to that the rain and thunder.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
trekker
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by trekker »

Gee... I would feel for you guys but my ARMS ARE NOT THAT LONG!
We got over a foot of snow yesterday and it is still 9 weeks before I fly out of this deep freeze to lovely Carvoeiro.

If our neighbour had not come by with his huge snow blowing equipment I would still be digging! I'm getting too old for this c**p.

At least with rain you don't have to showel it.

trekker
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

trekker wrote:Gee... I would feel for you guys but my ARMS ARE NOT THAT LONG!
We got over a foot of snow yesterday and it is still 9 weeks before I fly out of this deep freeze to lovely Carvoeiro.

If our neighbour had not come by with his huge snow blowing equipment I would still be digging! I'm getting too old for this c**p.

At least with rain you don't have to showel it.

trekker
I feel for you trekker and though I love the sight of snow specially at Christmas time, I dread it...Im not walking (hobbling)very well at moment because of the cold & damp and even with just the frost, the pavements have been slippery and I just know at some point Ill end up going a-se over t-t ! :shock:
oh the joys of wintertime :roll: