Pestana Palm Gardens - Pássaro Amarelo

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.

Pestana Palm Gardens - Pássaro Amarelo

Post by Guest »

Hello all. I'm looking for information of Pássaro Amarelo LDA., based in carvoeiro. I cannot find their AMI number in the website www.imoppi.pt. I'm thinking in buying a quarter share in Pestana Palm Gardens and they are the sellers. Thanks in advance.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Hello guest. No I cannot find an AMI Nº for this company, but I did find them on the company register as:

PÁSSARO AMARELO - REALIZAÇÕES TURÍSTICAS LDA  
CAE: 45211 
LAGOA (ALGARVE)

I looked up the CAE, which is the code telling you what business they are in and it said "construction of buildings". However, I have to say I cannnot find a builder's Alavrá for them either on the Imoppi site. Perhaps you should ask them guest what they operating as and/or drop an e-mail to Imoppi. I am still waiting to hear back from Imoppi about a couple of other queries I have made for others on this forum. I may have to telephone if I don't hear back soon. Unfortunately I have to say that many Portuguese business and authorities either take forever to reply to an e-mail (it took 3 months for a local council to reply to me) or don't bother at all.

If you need any more help with it let me know and I'll add it to my query list for Imoppi. Whilst I have found the web site 99% reliable I always like to double check things before jumping to conclusions.

Post by Guest »

Thank a lot for your fast reply Bruxinha :D . I have spoken with them, and have told me that they are a subsidiary company of Carvoeiro Golf, owned by the Pestana Group. Carvoeiro Golf has it AMI number registered, so I thinkthere is nothing to worry about. Thanks again.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

That's ok, I just happened to have been browsing.

Yes, it is always best to ask questions and to be certain what is what and who you are actually dealing with.

Obviously Pestana are a huge organisation but I certainly had never heard of Pássaro Amarelo Lda.

I wouldn't think for one minute large reputable companies like Pestana would touch any builders etc without proper licences (Álvaras) etc.
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

Bruxinha wrote:That's ok, I just happened to have been browsing.

Yes, it is always best to ask questions and to be certain what is what and who you are actually dealing with.

Obviously Pestana are a huge organisation but I certainly had never heard of Pássaro Amarelo Lda.

I wouldn't think for one minute large reputable companies like Pestana would touch any builders etc without proper licences (Álvaras) etc.

Carrying on from Bruxy...and yes I know it is moving away slightly from the original question... but nevertheless I feel worth mentioning:-

All projects....are required to use governement registered,Architects and Engineers besides the actual builders. Also some developers and individual builders act as their own selling agent...so I am too wondering how Imoppi view this!

For example the Oceanico Developers....Amendoeira Golf Courses/Complex who have advertised that they have already sold 2 thirds of their unbuilt developement in Silves. The sales being carried out in Ireland!

So we are all left wondering, how all the above gets regulated here in Portugal and therefore, protection for the purchaser.

Please...don't anyone give the answer as a lawyer.

Nightrider.

Post by Guest »

I worked for Pestana for 4 years in Madeira and in the Algarve. They own Pestana Palm Gardens. Check out their website www.pestana.com I have holiday ownership time with them and after 6 years remain very happy with them. Good luck with your purchase!!
karen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by karen »

Sorry forgot to log in before!!!
casagan

Post by casagan »

Hi Again. I went on, and I have bought a quarter share. Just a few questions. We are waiting for the sign of the title deed. We signed the promissoy contract, and paid the final balance. But that was a couple of months ago. They say that the sign of the title deed is going to take a little time. Is this normal? Also, we received a receipt of the payment, not a "factura". May I ask for one, or is better to wait until the sign of the tittle deed is done?

Thanks in advance.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Why did you pay the final balance when you haven't signed the final deed yet? :shock: You normally pay a 10% deposit on signing of the Promissory Contract and then the balance at the time of the final deed signing at the Notary. Why is the final deed signing going to take a little time?

You should never make any payments in Portugal without having an Invoice (Factura) in your hands showing the person's/companies' fiscal number and correct name and address.
casagan

Post by casagan »

Hi Bruxi. Yes I thought that. We paid a 10% in the reservation contract. We were going to sign the title deed on december but we have some bank delays so we had to change the date. Then they told us to make the sign in another date. We already made the order to our bank to make the transfer, so we have paid and we have not sign the deed. We could stay some days in our quarter share a couple of months ago, and we felt that everything was ok. Now they say that they are very busy and we have to wait, maybe until March... We hope that Pestana is not cheating us.... but..... :-(

Anyway, thanks for your responses.
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Well the problem is that they have your lovely money sitting in their bank account gaining interest and you still don't officially own the property. Personally, I wouldn't stand for that they are busy nonsense, I'd get demanding and say it isn't good enough. I'd keep on at them day and night. Just you posting here is not good publicity for them, is it? So, unless you get an immediate siging date, tell them you will carry on telling people the facts!

By the way, make sure you put something in writing (hard copy) to them confirming the events and current situation and send it by registered post as soon as possible. Plus ask for a factura immediately. If they don't reply within 14 days, send another one. :evil:

Too late for you now, but people should be aware that they can also pay by "cheque visado". If you have a Portuguese bank account you can arrange for a "cheque visado" (a bit like a bank draft) to hand over to the vendor on the day of signing rather than put it through someone else's bank account. Keep a copy of the cheque.
nightrider

Post by nightrider »

casagan wrote:Hi Bruxi. Yes I thought that. We paid a 10% in the reservation contract. We were going to sign the title deed on december but we have some bank delays so we had to change the date. Then they told us to make the sign in another date. We already made the order to our bank to make the transfer, so we have paid and we have not sign the deed. We could stay some days in our quarter share a couple of months ago, and we felt that everything was ok. Now they say that they are very busy and we have to wait, maybe until March... We hope that Pestana is not cheating us.... but..... :-(

Anyway, thanks for your responses.
Bruxy,
Another point to keep in the back of your mind here...is that the Tax Year in Portugal ends 31st December.......
Nightrider
Bruxinha
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Bruxinha »

Hey, also casagan...I just thought....sorry I have been a bit in slow drive this week (too much going on)...did you not use legal advice and if so, is the money not still in their client account, as opposed to in Pestana's bank account? :?