Lighthouse (Clube Golfe Mar, Alfanzina)

Cuzzman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Lighthouse (Clube Golfe Mar, Alfanzina)

Post by Cuzzman »

Hi, just back from Carvoeiro. Finally we now have a restaurant at Clube Golfe Mar, so no need to head down to rocha brava!! Very nice decor, friendly staff, great for snacks, drinks etc. I believe the restaurant will be open at the end of the month, highly recommended.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Lighthouse (Clube Golfe Mar, Alfanzina)

Post by HampshireRich »

Cuzzman wrote:Hi, just back from Carvoeiro. Finally we now have a restaurant at Clube Golfe Mar, so no need to head down to rocha brava!! Very nice decor, friendly staff, great for snacks, drinks etc. I believe the restaurant will be open at the end of the month, highly recommended.
Just a point - how do you know its a great place with friendly staff, good snacks etc if its not open until the end of the month?
jamielyon4
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by jamielyon4 »

HampshireRich wrote:
Cuzzman wrote:Hi, just back from Carvoeiro. Finally we now have a restaurant at Clube Golfe Mar, so no need to head down to rocha brava!! Very nice decor, friendly staff, great for snacks, drinks etc. I believe the restaurant will be open at the end of the month, highly recommended.
Just a point - how do you know its a great place with friendly staff, good snacks etc if its not open until the end of the month?
Cynical!!! ... its Cos he is the friendly member of staff, he painted it and is about to start the cooking!! good look son.... :lol:
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

You cant blame him for trying!!!!
Was a bit obvious though, wasn't it!! :D
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

jamielyon4 wrote:
HampshireRich wrote:
Cynical!!! ... its Cos he is the friendly member of staff, he painted it and is about to start the cooking!! good look son.... :lol:
He ain't going to do much cooking if he's come home! :?
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

The place opened July last year as a pool side bar snack bar and was quite sucessful. It opened again late may and will soon be a fully fledged restaurant and I wish it huge success, the more quality restaurants around Rocha Brava the better. I have nothing to do with it by the way
Cuzzman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cuzzman »

I was out there in may last year and didn't realize the snack bar had opened.. As I said it was great for snacks and the staff were friendly. The restaurant looks great, with great views, but wasn't open (to eat). Sorry I posted!!
Rayeileen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayeileen »

Looking forward to having a restaurant in Clube Golfemar,the setting and views are amazing, wish them well and hope it's still open in October when we visit this year.
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

Cuzzman wrote:I was out there in may last year and didn't realize the snack bar had opened.. As I said it was great for snacks and the staff were friendly. The restaurant looks great, with great views, but wasn't open (to eat). Sorry I posted!!
Don't get a complex, there are a lot of very jaded people on here looking to batter the new comers
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

ron5000 wrote:
Cuzzman wrote:I was out there in may last year and didn't realize the snack bar had opened.. As I said it was great for snacks and the staff were friendly. The restaurant looks great, with great views, but wasn't open (to eat). Sorry I posted!!
Don't get a complex, there are a lot of very jaded people on here looking to batter the new comers
Dont be too hard on yourself Ron :D
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

Bruce Wallis wrote:
ron5000 wrote:
Dont be too hard on yourself Ron :D
That'll be Mr 5000 to you
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

I have nothing to do with it by the way
So the OP was spot on then :)
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

?
superbocker
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by superbocker »

Just to clarify the bar area is open and there are staff there but the restaurant is just having the final decorative touches completed and will be opened in the next couple of weeks.

I believe the name of the manager is Antonio who seems very friendly. There are some very nice outdoor sofas and tables with a fab view of the lighthouse. The inside of the restaurant also looks classily done, there is an artist just finishing some very colourful murals in there at present.

We are going to have a bar meal over there this evening as regretably we are back home tomorrow so will not be here for the opening of the restaurant, will have to leave it to someone else to try it out and report back.
ron5000
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ron5000 »

Just been to take a look and the restaurant will be open next week, it all looks stunning. Massive dining terrace and separate bar terrace with fantastic sea views. Soon to be a kids play area which looks well fenced. If it offers good food, good service and value then it's gonna be a winner and right on my door step, happy days