Walking distance to Restaurante VdM.

montyperera
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Walking distance to Restaurante VdM.

Post by montyperera »

Hi. We're staying in a villa called Casa Cristal in August. From what I can make out from the map provided, if you're coming out of town on Estrada Farol, you take a left turn just after the Baia Cristal hotel, and the villa is a short way up on the right. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it would take to walk to Restaurante Vale do Milho from here? Thanks in advance, Monty.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Walking distance to Restaurante VdM.

Post by djprescott »

Roughly 15 or 20 minutes from there - sorry for the late reply!
montyperera
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by montyperera »

Cheers dj. I'm happy to walk anywhere but I'm only asking because I'll have a few women and children with me who start moaning after 100 yards. I'll walk up there myself to book a table and judge wether or not it'll be too much for the others. Out of interest, would you recommend Restaurante VdM?
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Hi Monty, I would recommend the restaurant. I am presuming you do mean VDM Restaurante and not the golf club house restaurant?
montyperera
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by montyperera »

Yes dj, I'm talking about Restaurante Vale do Milho and not the club house. We did eat here a couple of times but that was back in about 1990 when I was 15, (I'm now 38!) and remember it being good, but obviously a lot could have changed by now! It seems to be one of those restaurants that hardly gets a mention on the forum or Trip Advisor, but the few reviews it does get are all good, so we'll definitely give it a try in August. Thanks for your replies, Monty.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Hi Monty, we find the quality of the food very good although the menu is a bit limited. Service from Fernando is excellent!!We will be going there on Sunday evening!
Cheers Dave
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carolyn »

We always go to VDM Restaurant when we visit. Really friendly service and good food. You don't need a starter - just order the cover as you get several different items as well as the usual bread and pate. Pretty setting in a garden and there is some play equipment for children.