Won't be back!
39%

Total votes: 23

bife73
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Casa Algarvia

Post by bife73 »

I'm sorry to say we had a horrible meal in Algarvia last night. Meat Cataplana was oily and clams very gritty/sandy. The bread was stale....and the dessert was dry! There were 10 of us at the table and we were all quite dissapointed.
I was actually up most of the night quite ill.....and no I didn't have too much to drink, just a couple of beers!
Very unusual to have a bad meal anywhere in town especially somewhere so popular.....must have been an off night or just poor choice of dish?
swintontraveller
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by swintontraveller »

We went in this restaurant in January and my husband had his worst meal of the holiday. THe restaurant was busy every night and we had read the reviews so went to see what all the hullaballoo was about. I had the sardines which were fine, husband had lamb chops. The veg was watery and over cooked and the chips were definitely reheated. Couldn't understand how a restaurant that was busy all the time needed to reheat anything!!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Have to say that we have only eaten there once but it wasn't good

Tricky
Karen Ann
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Karen Ann »

I must say that I ate there last Tuesday and it was lovely. The food was excellent and so was the service. I have never (touch wood) had anything near a complaint with this restaurant in the seven years I have visited CVO.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Casa Algarvia

Post by ceh »

We ate there last Thursday and Sunday and on both occasions the food was very good. It was as usual busy but the staff remembered us from previous visits and were helpful, even when I changed my mind over which wine to have on the Thursday night (a woman's perogative on her birthday!).
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Have just got home from Casa Algarvia, another great meal. It was my husbands birthday so his choice of venue, 5 of us all had different meals and all thoughly enjoyed it. Service as good as ever even though they were very busy, people still arriving at 10.15pm.
We have eaten there at least 3 or 4 times every year over the last 15 years and have never been disappointed.
loretta
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by loretta »

I posted a comment about this restaurant some time ago saying how disapointed I had been with the service.

Ive bumped up the comments that I made previously in 2005.
Loretta