Any One There

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Any One There

Post by davecwill »

Come on all you RB Owners, Part Owners and Frequent Visitors.

How about posting anything about the resort, your holiday, gossip,

repairs, anything. There has not been a posting for nearly 3 months. :lol:
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

We love Rocha Brava, and can't wait to get back there.

We were there in June last year, but my wife fell and broke her leg, and had to spend 10 days in Portimao hospital, before being flown home. Since then a death in the family, and my own unexpected hospitalization has meant that we have not been able to go back. We would normally have got a couple more visits in by now. We are getting withdrawal symptoms.

We are looking forward to going back on 15 April, and it can't come soon enough!
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

We are coming out to Rocha Brava next week - only for 10 days this time as we have be home by Easter for a family do. We only come out in the winter so the next time after that will be November. I just love it there and would happily spend the whole winter there, but then I would be accused of (even more) neglect!
Anyone for a game of golf between 12th and 20th March?
aussie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by aussie »

Where and when are you thinking of playing. Is it blokes only?
Snowbird
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Snowbird »

I'll be there from the 17th of March through to the 6th of April and would like to play.

Wife and I have been visiting Rocha Brava the past 6 years and we have a great time. Looking forward to being there soon, count down is on.

John
john
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by john »

:D Cannot wait until the 16th May - 10 weeks on Friday - not that i am counting!! We just love the place - i have been holidaying on Rocha Brava since 1986 - when it was just more than a building site.

Then after the May break it will be August/September then December - just brilliant. 8)

Stay in a fantastic apartment with sea views - what more could one want - other than to own one ourselves - come on LOTTO :o

Julie & John 8)
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by davecwill »

Well done all. very nice to hear from all of you.

We to have been going to RB for about 6years.

We try and get there 2 or 3 times a year, depending on our allowable weeks.

We are going out for all of June. Anybody going out within that period?

Maybe we could meet for a drink or golf.

Does any body go around the corner to the Fanatic Joker or the Tropical.

Nice to sit outside the tropical and watch the sun go down with a beer.

Can't wait :lol:
john
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by john »

:D We always have a few cold beers/cider at the Tropical - having a chat with Heldar about football - our team Man Utd and his Benfica - amongst other things - cannot wait until May. He is always our first port of call once we have dumped the suitcases in the apartment as it is only a short walk from where we stay. His takings go up whilst we are there!!

10 weeks tomorrow :D

Julie & John 8)
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

golf

Post by dennisg »

Thanks Aussie and Snowbird - I have sent you PMs.
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by davecwill »

Hi Dennisg. We will be over in November. Fancy a game then? What are you playing off.
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

davecwill wrote:Hi Dennisg. We will be over in November. Fancy a game then? What are you playing off.
At the moment we are playing off temporary tees (in England) but hope to be off grass soon! No, I am currently off 20 (sometimes). How about you?
I hope to be out in CVO in November but obviously not certain at this stage.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

Just returned from a week of wall to wall sunshine. Sunbathing on our terrace every day - Amazing!

Rocha Brava looks immaculate as always.

To our delight Chicken George opened on the 1st March having given the place a lick of paint over the winter. Chicken and chips for two, salad and a bottle of wine still only 20 Euros and still really good.
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Any One There

Post by davecwill »

Hi Dennis. We also have not booked anything yet. I am playing of 22.
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Any One There

Post by davecwill »

All you R.B.ers may be interested in this.

As from the close of business (5 o’clock p.m.) on Friday 28 March 2008 Vernon’s will leave the sales office on Rocha Brava. Steve and Jenny Dackombe, (we have been running the RB sales office for Vernon’s since June 2002) will continue to operate from Rocha Brava under our own Portuguese Real Estate Licence.

This change does not affect you except that we have a new e-mail address: camil@world.net.pt

Rocha Brava properties will continue to be advertised on our website www.rochabravaproperty.com or alternatively for property outside Rocha Brava please look at our other website www.carvoeiroatlantico.com (there will be a link between the two websites).

Please note the new contact details below, which are already active and you may use them.

Kind regards

Steve and Jenny Dackombe

Carvoeiroatlântico Mediação Imobiliária Lda

Rocha Brava Sales Office

Tel / fax: 00351 282 359 533

camil@world.net.pt

www.rochabravaproperty.com

www.carvoeiroatlantico.com
gustavo
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by gustavo »

I'll be going there this week , As I plan on visiting some of the local drinking establishments , I was just wondering whats the best mode of transport to get back from the village in the small hours , If it was safe enough I'd walk it but otherwise what would be my best bet ? :D