management fees

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/rochabrava_map.jpg
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

management fees

Post by julia »

:? we are hopefully in the process of buying a villa on rb :D but the vendor informs us that they and 15 others are in dispute with rb over a management fee levied for non existent work. could anyone confirm what sort of fees they pay rb , or whether ( and which ) management company they use instead PLEASE . i really value all the helpful info you all give and i can't get rb to respond to e mails - strange as when you want to rent from them they are back in a flash :o thank you julia
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

Julia,
I am not sure the management can be done by anyone other than RB, this depends on their status but would be the case if they are a "condominio fechado" (closed condominium/urbanization).

I advise you look into this very carefully to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
If RB do not reply themselves, this is certainly something a current rb-owner/resident can help you out with.
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julia »

Thanks Gambrinus, this is obviously one for the lawyers but it helps to know what to look out for, :) Julia
Tom Gibson

Rocha Brava

Post by Tom Gibson »

Hi Julia

As an owner on RB (albeit of an apartment) I cannot comment but thought I would add my pennyworth anyway. Whilst the management for RB is fairly expensive my own view is you get what you pay for. Obviously the fact that you are in the process of buying would suggest that you yourself have established what a well run development it is. I have heard some pretty awful stories relating to some other areas where management was sadly lacking. I would have thought that the person you are buying off could provide the detail you are looking for with perhaps a follow up meeting with the management.

I have to say that I do not know any other villa owners, only apartment owners and they all appear to be highly satisfied.

Tom Gibson (rt.gibson@virgin.net)
notary

Rocha Brava

Post by notary »

The fees charged are reasonable for what you get. There are some owners who don't want to pay them, but they are not allowed to sell their places, at least a new own er cannot be registered by law, until these fees are paid. The fees I am speaking of are for general maintenance, outside painting, general garden work , etc. The fees are not arbitrary but are covered in the Titulo Constitutivo, which are the government approved rules which govern the place and are under the supervision of the Owners Committee. Be certain, from your lawyer, and estate agent that the property can be registered, so that your ownership is protected. There are a few, very long-term owners, who have special issues relating to promises made to them many years ago, an which are the subject of law-suits, but these don't apply to the rest of us. All in all things are conducted fairly, in my view, but be certain you know that all fees have been paid, before you buy.
julia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by julia »

Thank you very much notary ( mmm, is that name a bit of a give away i wonder :lol: ) there is an ongoing lawsuit and we have advised our lawyer of it. let's hope it doesn't spoil what we have waited so long for. As usual the forum continues to offer very kind and helpful advice, julia
Rudolph Aaron
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Villa Dispute

Post by Rudolph Aaron »

I am a villa owner and suggest you ask the vendors to settle with RB and then you can consider the purchase.
We use Guadalupe Almeida as our lawyer and adviser in Lagoa. You could call us on 01722 716 987 after the 11th August, as we are away until then, to discuss on a more personal method.
Bravirocha

Management fees

Post by Bravirocha »

Julia

Can you please advise whom you addressed your queries on the above subject.
Thanks.