Is O Boteco worth a try?

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
dj sull
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Is O Boteco worth a try?

Post by dj sull »

Years ago my family and I would dine at O Boteco restaurant on the cliff top at Monte Carvoeiro. We never had a bad meal there and along with O Castelo it was our favourite restaurant. Now I hear contrasting reports about the place but most, i have to say are bad ones. It is such a shame if these reports are true because with it's glorious setting it should be one of the best restaurants in the town or indeed the Algarve.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

We have always enjoyed the food and ambience in this restaurant in contrast to a lot of other reports. I suggest you give it a go - as you say, the view's great if nothing else.
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

HampshireRich wrote:We have always enjoyed the food and ambience in this restaurant in contrast to a lot of other reports. I suggest you give it a go - as you say, the view's great if nothing else.
Have to agree with you HR. Ive had a few meals there, just simple ones, pate & bread,grilled sardines & salad and usually fruit juice and I have no complaints..I had quick service too.
The best view in the area by far.
But Im not a fussy eater and appreciate anything thats cooked for me :)

On the odd occasion I take some sandwiches up on the rocks there..very peaceful..
TAXMAN
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by TAXMAN »

Nice view yes

But you pay for it - basic food at high prices

Almost as big a rip off as O Patio in the main square beside the beach
wolfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by wolfie »

definitely great view and best place to watch the sun go down BUT food is poor - been several times and really doesnt get any better .Its owned by Solfeiras Hotel and think it would benefit if was run by an owner - staff don't seem much bothered .
Would disagree about O Patio - yes it is expensive but read the menu - there are lunch deals that are reasonable and food and service is good