Jota Lita

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
Guest 2525

Jota Lita

Post by Guest 2525 »

WE ARE RETURNING TO CARVOEIRO THIS SUMMER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FIVE YEARS. ON READING YOUR REVIEWS, THERE SEEMS TO BE NO MENTION OF JOTA LITA OR LE BISTROQUET. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF THESE RESTAURANTS ARE STILL IN BUSINESS ??

THANKS VERY MUCH

:?
kteee

Post by kteee »

Yes they are.

Post by Guest »

We came back from Cvo a few weeks ago and Jota Lita remains one of our firm favourites.
Hospitality there is second to none. Definitely worth a visit! :lol:
Guest2525

Post by Guest2525 »

Thanks very much ! I can't wait to get over there !!
:D
Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

We were there in September, and Jota Lita was our favorite restaurant. The food is superb! Try the cataplana or the garlic pork.
DaGi
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DaGi »

Where exactly can we find Jota Lita ??
kteee

Post by kteee »

It's on Estrada do Farol in the parade of shops including Grande Muralha Chinese restaurant, A Gale and Totta bank
DaGi
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DaGi »

Thanks, Ktee, next week I am going to give it a try.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Anyone got the phone mumber for FAQ?

Thanks
AFKA1

Post by AFKA1 »

I didn't know FAQ had a phone Mumber or a phone number :lol:
DaGi
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DaGi »

Phone number is 282357147. We tried this restaurant tonight. Food was very good, staff very friendly and prices quite normal.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

AFKA1 wrote:I didn't know FAQ had a phone Mumber or a phone number :lol:
Got me :D
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

DaGi wrote:Phone number is 282357147. We tried this restaurant tonight. Food was very good, staff very friendly and prices quite normal.
In FAQ. Thanks
jamestulloch
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

World's worst waiter

Post by jamestulloch »

Myself and five others ate at Jota Lita's last night and really enjoyed our meal, but felt very patronised at the manner of one of the waiters (who, judging by the love of his own voice, may be the restaurant owner).

The man, who is about 50 years old, insists on chatting up the women at each table, offering a series of well practised one-liners, designed to flatter, but which succeed only in annoying all (especially when he is heard using the same patronising lines to the women at other tables).

Whilst that alone to be forgiven as a misguided attempt to increase his tips, his manner when speaking or listening to me (or my other male friend) was extremely rude.

Because of the ineptitude of the waiter in question, the fact that we had to point out we had been overcharged by 9 Euros and that we had to wait 15 minutes (and ask 2 waiters) for tomato ketchup for our chips, we will not be returning, but will instead go to the vastly superior Agale and Ele & Ela.
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Jota Lita

Post by laserblazer »

We went to Jota Lita for the first time on Sunday and were quite impressed. The food and service was good and the price reasonable. OK, the boss is a bit OTT but a lot of people like that. He knows his football and was happy to spend time chatting on the subject with our football-mad grandson. I had the Dourada and it was well cooked and served.

To be honest, there weren't that many restaurants open on Rua do Farol.

Another find was Jomar's on the In Road. After getting very indifferent service at the Grand Cafe, we gave up on eating there and wandered along to Jomar's. It's a fairly basic menu but well cooked and great value. Their chips are fried to perfection and the toilets spotless (always a tell-tale factor). Free WiFi as well but that's becoming the norm.