What would you like to see in Carvoeiro in 2015?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: What would you like to see in Carvoeiro in 2015?

Post by cereza »

bruce wrote:
SAM SPARKLE wrote:
Margarida wrote:Happy 2015 forum users! If you could make a wish list of things you would like to see in Carvoeiro in 2015 what would you put on it?
I think for me it would be the bleaching of all the pillars and posts along Rua do Barranco to remove the deposits left by our local dog population!!
Any other suggestions?

Think it’s about time we had a McDonalds :D
Please nooooooo! :D

I agree Sue - it has to be Burger King :wink: :lol: :lol:
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

We could have both, one on the ''IN''' road and one on the ''OUT'' road. :lol: :lol: :lol:
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

maybe a Nando's would be nice? :wink:
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

Maybe a Nandos would be more appropriate :wink: :lol: :lol:
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

Great minds eh Sunman ? :lol:
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

cereza wrote:Great minds eh Sunman ? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PAPADON
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by PAPADON »

Happy New Year to all from Wet Cold and Windy Scotland.
For 2015 I would like to see more restaurants and hotels opened at the end of the year.
My wife and I were out early December and it looked as if Carvoeiro had closed for the winter.
How do we expect to encourage tourism when the main hotels (except the Cristal) are closed.
Well done the Cristal and all the restraurants and bars that were opened - you at least made us feel welcome and the food and drink were great as always.
ps We certainly do not need McDonalds lets just keep Carvoeiro as it is without burger bars that are everywhere.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

A proper "Chippy" I was going to start one in CVO "village" 15 years ago but I never did obviously! 8)
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

I just go to Happy's for proper Fish and Chips, with the added bonus of Mushy Peas, you can't beat it 8)
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

Methinks that Sam is just trying to wind people up over McDonalds.....
No more Pato, so maybe Sam seeks that onerous crown! :D
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

A definite "NO" to fast food burger outlets! Litter is one reason. Though my sons were disappointed when the Funky Chicken (in-road just before cobbled street starts) shut down, were well taken by chips in a plastic bag!
On a personal note, will never enter a Nando's given their treatment of my daughter and 2.5 year old grand-daughter just before Christmas. Yes, establishments can state "Toilets for customers use only" but to refuse a 2.5 year old who was in obvious distress is something I'll not accept. As a company they obviously don't allow management discretion. Family in city centre to view the Christmas Lights etc and given a cold evening, well, we probably have all been in that position!
Like the idea of jump on/jump off tourist train (stops obviously!!!) but could be problems at popular stops at times when more people want on than there are empty seats.
Trying not to be all negative, I really like CVO (been coming to area for 8 years and have bought property) but I think what I'd like to see is better 'house-keeping' of the area. More control of :- dog-fouling; businesses disposing of their waste; litter pick on common areas, e.g viewpoints on high roads either side of beach.
Heading over 20th January..........I'll be the grump in the corner in Hemies!!
Happy New Year to all Forums members!!!
Stevie-C
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Stevie-C »

SAM SPARKLE wrote:The Escondidinho up on the Quinto does that, but I would still prefer McDonalds :D
Surley not SAM, McD fast food v Escondidinho slow food, no contest, workers bar all the way 8)
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

SAM SPARKLE wrote:I just go to Happy's for proper Fish and Chips, with the added bonus of Mushy Peas, you can't beat it 8)
Can get that anywhere in the UK - don't need to go the CVO for them and also be insulted by a Dutchman!
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

HampshireRich wrote:
SAM SPARKLE wrote:I just go to Happy's for proper Fish and Chips, with the added bonus of Mushy Peas, you can't beat it 8)
Can get that anywhere in the UK - don't need to go the CVO for them and also be insulted by a Dutchman!
But what UK chippy also sells frogs legs and finishes the meal off with a bottle of port ? :wink: :D
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by dennisg »

HampshireRich wrote:
We go to Happys to be insulted by a Dutchman. We outnumber him so he gets as bad as he gives!
And we reckon his fish and chips are the best we have ever tasted.