Premier FX - MOST URGENT

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Premier FX - MOST URGENT

Post by roy4eyes »

Since Peter Rexstrew's death Premier FX have gone into liquidation.

A friend of ours has over € 500,000 deposited with them from the sale of their house which cannot now be accessed because there is no response from Premier FX offices, or Katie and Charlie Rexstrew the directors, or from Nick Jones the managing director.

This is now a criminal matter with (at this stage) suspicions of fraud or theft.
Last edited by roy4eyes on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
e-richard

Re: Premier FX - MOST URGENT

Post by e-richard »

Most distressing Roy.

According to Bruce Wallis, Premier FX are (or were) a Barclays owned company.

Sorry I have nothing more to add, and I dunno if that is of any help or not, but obviously we hope it is.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Filings available at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05769324 would suggest that it was 100% owned by Peter Rexstrew.
bookbabe
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by bookbabe »

I think everyone ought to stop speculating and brandishing their own take on what has happened. Peter Rexstrew went into hospital for a routine triple bypass heart operation from which he never recovered and sadly passed away. Do you think he wanted to die? He has left two very upset and emotional children who are no doubt struggling to do the best for the company and its clients. Why not wait until the liquidators have looked at everything and made their findings as they may be public. Speculation as to fraud and theft does no-one any favours.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

I knew Peter well and fully appreciate your personal feelings on the matter Bookbabe.

However all offices are apparently empty, no-one answers any phones, there is no response from any of the principals and to date no liquidators have been appointed.

There are people - I know of one who asked me for help - who have potentially lost large amounts of money and who are desperate.

Your post implies that you know the children. If this is so then you should contact them to ask them to make some statement to clear any suspicion of malpractice.

That would be a great help to all parties rather than making spurious comments without knowing the facts.
Last edited by roy4eyes on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCP8833
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by SCP8833 »

Although we are aware of this particular individual case, Safe Communities Portugal is NOT as stated in a post dated 31st July "coordinating the investigation with the Portuguese and U.K. authorities", into this matter. We are please to provide advice and have done so. As of now we have NO evidence of fraud that has been reported to us. Anyone with such evidence with this or any other case, is off course at liberty to report this to the relevant authority either in Portugal or the UK. David Thomas President Safe Communities Portugal
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

My apologies to David Thomas for misinformation given to me in good faith by one of the 'victims'.

My intention was to give the earliest notice of this alleged misappropriation of clients funds to others who may have been in a similar position.

There is an up-date in this evenings Algarve Daily News - www.algarvedailynews.com
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

So.…., ! it transpires this Peter chap was operating illegally, had no license or permission to trade as he was... had no license to hold onto client funds and was misleading clients, that he was operating under the FSA/FCA etc...

so the whole thing was very dodgy and hundreds of people have potentially lost their money, including one of my best friends...

and his son, has disappeared.... after he blatantly looked into our eyes, at a meeting, just days before it closed and said everything was fine and its business as usual !!!!

he had better hope the authorities find him, before the debt collectors and some of the clients he was dealing with do....
I would NOT want to be in his shoes...
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

not only that its becoming a complete farce with everyone trying to run away from responsibilty...

the Rexstrews family lawyers have sent some clients letters, threatening them with harassment, and they should not be trying to contact directors etc.... WTF!...
so, millions of pounds have gone "missing", which has left some families destitute, one family homeless and dozens have lost their entire life savings, but they not allowed to ask why ?

this is only going to get a lot worse for that family...
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I've asked the Sunday People to look into the situation, they've featured a similar problem in Spain today, maybe something will come of it, who knows, it's worth a try eh! 8)