Carvoeiro on my mind

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Carvoeiro on my mind

Post by destroyer »

I should be in Carvoeiro at the moment, in the first week of a three week break. Instead, I'm sitting at home like millions around the world, anxious for those I love, for my country and, not wishing to sound like a drip, for the world. Uncharted territory for all of us. I'm more than ever conscious of what we take for granted, and I'm profoundly grateful to all those who are going about their daily work to make sure that we come out of this, including members of my own family. They're putting their lives on the line for us all around the world. Carvoeiro is somewhere I've been coming to for over twenty years and, if I'm able, I'll be back. Some of the people I've known in those twenty years will be hit hard and, from the bottom of my heart, I wish them, and everyone on this board, good luck.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Carvoeiro on my mind

Post by tricky »

I feel the same. I should've been
: travelling to CVO tomorrow. Just wish I'd got over there before the start of the pandemic. I'd rather be in lockdown in my garden in Carvoeiro than here in the UK :cry:
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Should have going with lads on the 22nd April,never mind the trip with the wife also gone for a Burton in early June :D :lol: :D :lol:
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Does anybody know were the GNR officer was attacked recently in CVO ?
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

anybody out there???????????????
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

A load of Brazilians were having a noisy party in premises somewhere along the in road, GNR went to investigate and got attacked, nothing overly serious.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Good, the Portugal News ran a piece on it last week,I was hoping it did not involve anyone from the Britain.
cnljscott
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by cnljscott »

I’m planning a visit in July - does anyone know how things are going in Carvoeiro? I’ve spoke with Helder (@Rocha Brava) but have not been able to contact others such as Leib from ‘Happys’. Also, how are things going with the redevelopment of the Grand Cafe? Thanks
sue2215
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by sue2215 »

We've been here since March & have not seen any work being done on 'Levels', Grand cafe. The majority of restaurants are open and we have been eating outside on their terraces. You need to wear a mask if you go inside (obviously not when you're eating). Beaches have restricted numbers & there is a maximum of a 4 hour stay. Still a very nice place to be, glad we are here!
cnljscott
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by cnljscott »

That’s great. Many thanks