Look on the bright side !

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Look on the bright side !

Post by roy4eyes »

In these dire times we must avoid getting depressed and look on the bright side of things.
Aren't we lucky having fresh sea air and board walks for getting our permitted exercise. OK so the restauranrs are closed but taking a picnic basket down to the shore and taking deep breaths of the ozone cannot be bad compared to those living in big cities.
Isn't it lovely and quiet - no traffic, aircraft or building noise - only the sound of the birds.
isn't the air clear - no vapour trails in the sky and no car fumes outside Smilers.
No road accidents because of such little traffic.
All those little jobs you could not find time to do can now be done - my pending file is empty for the first time in years.
We have to resort to healthy tasty home cooking because the restaurants are closed and most convenience foods have been grabbed by the human locusts.
The ecology is rapidly recovering from man's efforts to pollute it and apparently even Venice no longer smells !

There must be other benefits and I look forward to hearing of them but for the time being put on a recording of Eric Idle's 'Always look on the bright side of life'.

Roy
dennisg
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Look on the bright side !

Post by dennisg »

Fully agree. Don't have the sea or boardwalks here in UK but have lovely spring weather and beautiful countryside. Are you allowed to take a picnic out? We are allowed to exercise once a day, which for me means a long walk, but we can't dither outside nor can we drive to reach our exercise place, This must be taken locally.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

At my age I need sustenance after walking one way along the boardwalk to give me the energy to walk back.

At least that's my story if GNR question me !!

Having said that we have not seen a single officer anywhere in CVO this week. 50 per of the Faro force are in quarantine since one proved positive !!
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

Beach and Boardwalk now closed
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

Ban 5G as well... that's the real killer coming.