New restrictions

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

New restrictions

Post by smudger »

Any comments on the new restrictions on going out and about to bars and restaurants? Owners and customers adhering to new rules? Is there much checking by GNR? Just asking.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: New restrictions

Post by widge »

Nothing much changes here in Sesmarias. I read about bad behaviour by youngsters in Albufeira but haven't been out to witness any.

Travelling by taxi at 10pm got stopped and checked by GNR in a roadblock - just checked passenger numbers and face masks then waved us on.

Everyone seems to follow the rules and enjoy life in a warm and usually pleasant climate. We had our first major rains this year on Thursday and Friday - gardeners are loving it !

Don't think we'll be returning to UK until Boris decides how to curb the outbreak, already quarantined for a fortnight in August - miserable existence by comparison .
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Thanks widge.
I know there are several places called Sesmarias, are you where Jophil and Rosa’s Bar are? Know them well if yes!!
Have a flight booked for November but not confident I’ll get over.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Yep, live on the (inappropriately named) Country Club.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

When we first came to the area, we spent about half an hour walking round that area after spotting the Country Club sign on the main road!! I’m a regular at Jophil for their menu of the day lunch.......when I manage to get over!!