Easyjet booking changes

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Easyjet booking changes

Post by Geoff »

Just to say to check your flight bookings.....we were due to come out on the afternoon flight in early Jan ( Brexit & Covid permitting) and were emailed to say that Easyjet had assigned a different aircraft for the flight : not really a problem. When I checked the bookings though, I see they changed 1630 to 0740, without so much as a "by your leave"!
Care!
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Easyjet booking changes

Post by PTBUXTON »

we've just had our flight cancelled for 30th January
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

I think it's understandable that airlines are having to consolidate, change and cancel flights and there will not be a single airline not faced with this, especially with the government rules for many countries constantly changing and differing from country to country.

I have had several flights cancelled and yes it annoys me but I understand the situation. On at least three occasions they have even been cancelled and/or rearranged after I had checked in and printed boarding passes.

I think the general advice has to be that anybody that has flights booked needs to keep an eye on them and can't assume they will go ahead as planned.

The general situation seems to be that changes are unlikely less than 14 days before a scheduled flight as different EU compensation rules kick in then.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I see EasyJet also changing rules on cabin luggage, reducing size and charging to use overhead locker.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I think it's understandable that airlines are having to consolidate, change and cancel flights
Indeed...don't have a problem with that, just wish they had told me rather than just finding out when I checked bookings...could be a real problem if you loved some way from airport.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

We were notified via email yesterday, as we had an existing booking we will be allowed the old sized hand luggage, however in future with one exception they will have to go in the hold £40 each. Must admit seems a funny way of encouraging passengers to continue flying with them, we may return to JET2 at this rate.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

It's also a nuisance that their new size for under-seat bags is different to the size that Ryanair allow.

A few years back when Easyjet introduced their guaranteed cabin bag size we went out and bought new bags and then they did away with that scheme so I'm not going to rush out and buy new bags again.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

they will have to go in the hold £40 each
.....or choose a seat for £24.49.....if we have to pay to put a cabin bag in the hold, we'll make sure it's a big one!
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

Hi Geoff,
Yes, we were due to fly out early Jan too - rolled over twice from flights planned earlier this year.....We did get an email changing our outgoing flight from Luton to Gatwick and, like you, changing from a civilised pm flight to a red eye 7.30am flight but..... not changing our return flight which would still have been to Luton! Probably going to delay to late April instead.....Getting severe withdrawal symptoms. Hope to catch you at some point in 2021.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Hope to catch you at some point in 2021
#
gosh yes....lovely memories of a New Year walk, dread to think when though!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Geoff wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:17 pm
they will have to go in the hold £40 each
.....or choose a seat for £24.49.....if we have to pay to put a cabin bag in the hold, we'll make sure it's a big one!
Isn't the 'Hands Free' option going to continue? It's £7 each or £16 for a group of 3 to 6 if you book/pay in advance. Your hand baggage goes in the hold.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Isn't the 'Hands Free' option going to continue?
You are right.....I had never used it....so such a bag can contain a load of liquids as well, as it gets dropped off at bag-drop : excellent idea, as I often pay for hold luggage to bring back some bibs! Hope there's no weight limit though!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Geoff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:44 pm ... Hope there's no weight limit though!
So far all I can see is the 32kg limit that applies to all hold luggage but I wouldn't be surprised if a lower limit appears.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Crafty B-----s they say you can bring cabin luggage at a size of 45x36x20 just measured our two small cases 45x36x20 great I thinks we should BE ok, just visited EJ Web site including wheels and handle that's an extra 5 cms BUGGER as Paul Whitehouse's character would say on the FAST SHOW