Returning to Portugal?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
williew
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Returning to Portugal?

Post by williew »

We are nearing the end of our quarantine and I have been contacted every day by T&T!

Willie W
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Good to hear Carolyn.....my wife seems to be phoned everyday by the TT stasi , asking & saying the same boring stuff from a script ( Can you speak English?...do you have a day 2 & 8 test booked? etc etc).....but apart from a couple of missed calls, no one has contacted me. Our day 2 tests were -ve, but we had a nice little drive down the M5 to deliver the test samples. At least it's sunny in the garden now!
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carolyn »

Interesting Geoff that you have not been contacted. My husband and I were called within minutes of each other.
We also took the opportunity of a little drive to drop off our tests!

Hope to join one of your walks later in the year when retirement gives us more freedom ( Covid permitting)
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just to say they have caught up with me...very likeable chap called this morning to check I was quarantining....I was his first call as he had only just started...asked if we needed any help....much more agreeable than the standard telephone inquisition.

As for walks Carolyn, look forward to catching up on a walk, possibly September ( depends on weather & covid) , more likely November!
gordon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by gordon »

Hi Everyone,

Just to add to the experience we returned from Carvoeiro last night with Ryanair into Birmingham. Probably no more than 30 people on the flight. Test results and passenger locator checked at Faro but not at Birmingham.

We had used Synlab in Lagoa. Results took about 36 hours.(We actually received another persons results at one point,which was not good news for that person. When I advised them appears emails mixed up! A bit worrying.)

So this is first day isolating. We have both had text messages and Janet has already had a call, although she missed it. LOL!

Overall with testing both ways and test to release its a bit of a hassle and expensive but still worth going to Carvoeiro for 10 days.

Just got to remember to do the tests on day 2 & 8 now!

May see some of you on a walk in UK or Carvoeiro!

Regards,

Gordon and Janet
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just heard that Portugal is to quarantine UK visitors without proof of 2 jabs for 14 days......and read some small print on the Randox faqs that days 2 & 8 testing should be 2 and 8 days after the hour of arrival in UK.....UK Govt website just says Day 2 & 8 tests!
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

I recently checked Uk Gov site and it said Day 1 was the day after you arrived back.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Indeed...but the Randox faqs says:
"The day of arrival in England will be treated as day 0.
It is important to note the arrival time of your flight when taking your Day 8 test. You must take your swab after this time on your Day 8 for the timing of the test to be acceptable. For example, if you arrive at 9pm on the 1st, you must take and register your test after 9pm on the 9th for your Day 8 test.
To be clear, you must take and register your swab a full 192 hours after arrival in the UK for the system to recognise your Day 8 registration."

https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-testing-faq

We did our day 2 and 8 tests on day 2 and 8, strictly speaking days 1.5 and 7.5.....but as above, Govt just says days 2 and 8 so hopefully all Ok!
mojowilts
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by mojowilts »

Desperate to get out to CV with family. Have read what the current restrictions are but can anyone advise what the situation is like on the ground, eg are the water parks open, and if so what restrictions are there, how about the beaches esp Centianes and Marinha? Travelling from Bristol, anyone with recent experience of this?
patti
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by patti »

according to Slide and Splash website they are closed until further notice
Patti
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

patti wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:00 pm according to Slide and Splash website they are closed until further notice
Patti
Have they closed again as they were open in June?
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

From today's Daily Telegraph..............

"Fears are mounting that Spain's Balearic Islands are destined for the red list on Thursday, as Covid cases sky-rocket.

Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca, all of which have been on the green 'watchlist' for two weeks, are recording a case rate that has tripled in just two weeks to 402 per 100,000 citizens.

"Balearics will go amber in Thursday’s traffic light review, but could go straight from green watchlist to red. Ministers concerned by high test positivity at 9% and daily infections reaching second-highest ever level," warned travel expert Paul Charles this morning.

Coronavirus rates are roaring across Europe, with three of Britain's favourite holiday destinations topping the charts.

Along with mainland Spain, Cyprus and Portugal are seeing the highest infection rates, according to the ratings used by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

All three destinations are on the UK’s amber list meaning that from July 19, double-jabbed Britons will be permitted to skip quarantine upon their return but should any turn red, visitors will be faced with hotel quarantine."
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I'm glad we got out for 3 weeks in June, even if it did turn amber whilst there : hopefully by September, things may be better, but not holding too much breath.
Latest obstacle is if you have had AZ vaccines but made in India , as the batches haven't been recognised by the EU (yet) ....offending ones are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003. Be worth checking, thankfully I passed that hurdle!
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

More restrictive measures introduced today for many areas:
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... ugal/61145
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

The Indian AZ now looks ok....see Embassy tweet....spotted by Ken....
IMG-20210714-WA0003 (1).jpg
IMG-20210714-WA0003 (1).jpg (119.95 KiB) Viewed 5307 times