Returning to Portugal?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Returning to Portugal?

Post by Geoff »

I think Geoff is referring to the tests needed when returning to UK.

Presumably you have to evidence the fact that you have booked them before you fly home.
Indeed....you need to book the tests & then put the booking ref numbers on the UK locator form.....otherwise, no flight ( plus the antigem certificate within last 3 days of course)....quite a rigmarole!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Unilabs have just opened at top of restaurant hill, 25€ for antigen test, walk in....brand new...my daughter was first customer.
gordon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by gordon »

Geoff, Widge,

Thanks.

I didn't realise that was required on the form.

Also 'booked' may be misleading in the case where you are doing the tests at home and sending off.

Presumably you have to show evidence that you have purchased the tests-which is what I have done.

Thanks again
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carolyn »

The Day 2 and 8 tests have a reference number on them that you put on the locator form for returning to the UK
They need to be the correct format apparently otherwise I've heard they will be refused.
You cant just show evidence - as this is all done online via gov.uk

As Geoff says - a right rigmarole! However we have managed to fit 10 days holiday into 2 weeks off work by using Test to Release on day 5 in the UK, so definitely better than no holiday :)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Geoff wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm Unilabs have just opened at top of restaurant hill
Sounds really useful, but is there any more specific instructions to help find this place? I've just failed miserably :oops:
Left/right going up?
Next to or opposite or above any well known landmarks (i.e. restaurants)?
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Sounds really useful, but is there any more specific instructions to help find this place? I've just failed miserably :oops:
Left/right going up?
Next to or opposite or above any well known landmarks (i.e. restaurants)?
I got the impression it was adjacent/opposite Vimar , but daughter went home yesterday ( empty Faro) so will check with her......just checked their website, it says "Estrada do Farol 95, 8400-505 Carvoeiro"......so it looks just before Vimar.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Just seen that Portugal will now accept the (cheaper) antigem test before arrival...
a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT), including RT-PCR, taken within 72 hours of travel, or
an Antigen test that meets the performance standards set out in the EU common list of Rapid Antigen Tests, taken within 24 hours of travel.
See:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

Just for reference, the Unilabs test centre is just in front of the sports stadium at the side of Hotel Mirachoro
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

Ps: we went to the test centre to get info and were told that we had to book a time slot on their website - had a quick look and it does not that easy so best to book it in plenty of time.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Geoff wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:39 pm Met 2 people who had EJ flights cancelled but were not advised by EJ! Check your bookings.

Also, someone denied boarding (in Spain) because their antigem certificate didn't include their dob.....beware!
Just returned from CVO last Friday after a lovely 10 days in the sun. We had our EJ flights cancelled Geoff 24 mins before check-in opened!!! Disgraceful service from EJ but I blame the government for the causing the problem in the first case. We were unable to get tests in Synlab in Lagoa because all the slots were taken by people travelling back early to avoid the quarantine. So booked at Synlab Portimao but then had problems getting test results for our daughter as they got her email address wrong. Just got the negative result with 2 hours to spare and then got to the airport to find flight cancelled. The problem then was trying to get alternative flights arranged before our LFT ran out! Managed to get on a RYR service to Liverpool so then had to get an Uber to Manchester as the car was parked there. This is all with 3 and 5 year olds so very stressful!
We are now persecuted by the Covid Police T&T with at least 3 calls each every day!! When our daughter arrived home she got a call from T&T within 2 hours of arriving but missed the call as she was in the shower and someone turned up at her door within 45 mins!!! :twisted:
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Sounds awful!
carolyn
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carolyn »

Thanks for the post djprescott. The TT police are certainly being vigilant!!
We will be returning to the UK next week - so will see what happens. When we came here last year in July and then went home to 2 weeks of quarantine we didnt hear a dickey bird :roll:
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

Likewise. Had a few days last July, and on a later trip rushed back on 2 November when restrictions were becoming onerous everywhere. Nothing from T&T. Still hoping all clear by mid Sept.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Yes, 2 weeks quarantine after September visit last year, without a single check-up : daughter had (barely intelligible) call first day back!
gordon
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by gordon »

We have just started the process to fly out Friday morning. Covid fit to fly tests yesterday at Boots 3pm results 3am this morning.
Lets hope our other tests run so smoothly.