Road train

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
FrankSheffield
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Road train

Post by FrankSheffield »

I gather the road train had a little disagreement with the wall on the hill near the GNR station. I'm not entirely surprised; when we took the grandkids on it last October I nearly lost my fillings. Clearly, it wasn't just the suspension that needed looking at, as the driver apparently stated that the brakes failed in the incident a few days ago.
Thankfully, I don't think anyone was injured. However, it makes me wonder just what the requirements are for safety checks. Over next week but, even if it's back and running, I think we'll give it a miss.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Road train

Post by smudger »

Hi,
The train used to park up for the night at Vale d'Oliverais and I used to use the train to go into CVO in the morning and occasionally returning in the evening. I got know one of the drivers quite well.
There is no suspension on the carriages hence rather rough experience!!
FrankSheffield
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Road train

Post by FrankSheffield »

Ha ha! That would explain it. On reflection, having taken my daughters and then grandsons on the thing over the years, it might be a maintenance issue with me as much as with the train. We're both getting to be pretty vintage items.
I like the idea of you commuting on it - has to beat the tube every time.