Villa insurance

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Villa insurance

Post by ceh »

I'm interested in recommendations for villa building and contents insurance as mine seems to have jumped up in price over the last few years, and unlike most other types of insurance, I've foolishly stick with the same company for 10 years. Time to change!
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Villa insurance

Post by sam »

www.insuremyvilla.com Not had to make a claim so don't know how good they would be then. If you are with Millennium bcp they do insurance, but don't know how they fair price wise
Striderman
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Striderman »

Hi. We insure ours through https://www.schofields.ltd.uk/holiday-h ... -portugal/. Always found them to be competitive and the cover looks quite broad.
steve
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by steve »

I insure through Medal with Hiscox which used to be UK based but set up a Luxembourg based subsidiary in anticipation of Brexit and my policy is with that subsidiary. Cover is good and prices have not risen much in the 15 years I have been with them. More importantly they settled my claims for burglary loss and theft of a lawnmower quickly and without fuss.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

Many thanks I will follow these up. It's not due for a couple of months but want to be prepared.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

Thanks for the recommendations....I sorted out the villa insurance last week and have gone with Schofields - they were just over £250 compared to my renewal quote from Intasure of just over £500 😀
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

sam wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:38 pm www.insuremyvilla.com Not had to make a claim so don't know how good they would be then. If you are with Millennium bcp they do insurance, but don't know how they fair price wise
We use them. Had our property 26 years and never made a claim. Had to claim as we are a block of three apartments water is now coming into our property, the one above and the internal communal area. We believe this negligence on the part of the owner of the top flat and have had to put in a claim in order to resolve the issue. His assessor has been to visit the building on at least two occasions earlier this year. Our insurance have contacted him for his findings but no reply yet. They are keeping us informed. Unfortunately, in the current climate things will probably grind to a halt. Because we have made a claim our renewal premium went up by £5.60 for the year. So far they have acted promptly.