F1.. who needs it!

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

F1.. who needs it!

Post by martin »

so many will enjoy the rush of fast cars, but some already get the thrill of 225kmph, wheelies, overtaking into cars, and all to get to a coffee bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBHAGyZ2QI
mixerman
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: F1.. who needs it!

Post by mixerman »

martin ,

many of us enjoy the sound and the rush of fast cars .

the algarve needs some sort of money coming in , so if your not interested do not post your comments here !

i will watch on TV no longer able to stand around for long periods , + i will have the comforts of home .

looking forward to moto gp next month .
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

It is such a shame that we are in the midst of the horrible virus situation when the Algarve finally gets F1 it has wanted for so long. I hope that it is a big success & that it becomes a regular venue on the F1 tour as it would bring in much needed revenue to the area.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

martin wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm so many will enjoy the rush of fast cars, but some already get the thrill of 225kmph, wheelies, overtaking into cars, and all to get to a coffee bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBHAGyZ2QI
He holds his clutch hand in a strange way!!
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

MotoGP to go ahead but with no spectators on 21/22 November.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

so if your not interested do not post your comments here !
Totally disagree....the forum is for all shades of opinion.....personally not a favour of F1 ( bit like overgrown scalextric ) , and whilst I agree the Algarve needs the income boost, attracting lots of people in currrent climate does seem strange.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Agree completely Geoff - but it does remind me of the editor who said "the only good news is bad news and contentious news".
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Bit of contention helps to keep the forum alive...must admit, watching the video clip above scared me, and that was sitting at home in front of a laptop ! Dread to think what it was like actually on the bike. At least he ( presumably a he) stopped at a red light.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

....... or a tree / brick wall /oncomng vehicle/ GNR check :lol:
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I quite like F1 and if had been over at my place I’d probably tried to get a ticket for either the main race or a practice session, just to experience the ‘buzz’ of the day. Living in Scotland attending a F1 race in UK would involve a lot more travel and expense. Hope F1 returns to Algarve at a time when this pandemic is over and life as we knew it has returned to some sort of normality.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Dorna released the MotoGP dates for next year and Portimao is not on the list, only as a reserve venue. devastated as we cannot go now to the race in 2 weeks and it looks like it will not be on the calendar for 2021!!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I hear that...."The bar owner at Alvor camping went to the Formula 1 and got covid19. Now 21 people from the campsite have it and are all in quarantine in a hotel in Alvor.".....can't say that I am surprised, nor that Portimao and Lagos are now in the list of councils with extra restrictions.