Kitchen Fitter

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Geoff Simcox
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Kitchen Fitter

Post by Geoff Simcox »

Hi,

I am looking for a skilled kitchen fitter (not a designer) - i.e the guy that does the work. Can anyone give me a recommendation, please.

Geoff Simcox
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Kitchen Fitter

Post by sam »

We had new kitchen in January. We designed it on IKEA website, went in and they checked design. We paid for kitchen fitter to come and check, which is refunded if you buy the kitchen and pay to have it fitted. We purchased units, appliances, sink etc and fitter delivered and fitted the same day. Very pleased with the kitchen and reasonable price.
Geoff Simcox
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Geoff Simcox »

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the info. I am currently going through a similar process with Leroy Merlin. However, their recommended fitter will not strip out our existing kitchen or do painting. We have to find someone else to do those ingredients.

Also, we do not want LM's work tops that are considerably more expensive. For example, Dekton is E882 per sqm. Fonseca in Roget (just east of A22 slip road and roundabout) sell it at £570. Also we want certain items that LM do not stock.

I just need a competent fitter who will work to my design and my supply of hardware.

Regards,

Geoff
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I’ve heard from a couple of people that a chap called Paul Atkins is very good. Not a joiner, a carpenter! Has build kitchens from scratch. Don’t have any contact details but I know he ran the quiz night in Hemingway’s Bar on the out road.