Cecol Accountants

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
kiterpete
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Cecol Accountants

Post by kiterpete »

Hi all
does anyone know if Cecol accountants opposite Santander bank are stll open.
I have sent a number of emails and not had a response.
Not being there I can't go and check.
Many thanks
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Cecol Accountants

Post by PTBUXTON »

On the subject of Accountants any recommendations we are thinking of changing ours.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

On the subject of Accountants any recommendations we are thinking of changing ours.
We currently use Sovereign , but no longer have rental income so all they so is forward IMI bills to us....do we still need to have Fiscal Representation after Brexit? And if so, why, does anyone know please.

I assume we could get IMI bills sent directly to us by email?
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

No idea yet about Fiscal Rep but as regards IMI the easiest thing is to register for on-line access to your bills. You can then pay by bank transfer which is simple via a Portuguese bank account or even go one step further and pay by direct debit. The on-line access allows you to verify the status of your IMI account which is a useful double check.

How to register has been covered before on this forum so you should be able to find the topic by searching.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

A solicitor has advised us to wait and see what the advice is regarding fiscal rep as we do not have income in Portugal. You can appoint someone to be your rep on-line, but need a notary letter, which he advised he can do for us if needed.
I did try to do direct debit on line. Filled it all in and waited for verification, which did not come. Contacted the bank and they had not heard from the Camara. This was some time ago. The Portal seems better these days so may try again.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

as regards IMI the easiest thing is to register for on-line access to your bills. You can then pay by bank transfer which is simple via a Portuguese bank account or even go one step further and pay by direct debit. The on-line access allows you to verify the status of your IMI account which is a useful double check.
Yes, paying online from Portuguese Bank Account ( from UK) is surprisingly straight-forward....once you have the IMI bill....will investigate how to get them directly sent to me, thanks.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

How to register has been covered before on this forum so you should be able to find the topic by searching.
I couldn't find a reference to this....perhaps best to go to Financias in Lagoa whenever we are allowed back & see if I can get it emailed directly to me then......though it means the Fiscal Reps have even less to do!
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

If you get on-line access then you don't need to get bills sent to UK.
The following screen is the one to register for access
https://www.acesso.gov.pt/unauthed/novo ... /dashboard
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

I believe Fiscal Reps will generally become compulsory for those not living in the EU but they won't be enforcing it until after 30 June 2021.

Unless, if my interpretation is correct, you take advantage of clause 2 of https://dre.pt/web/guest/legislacao-con ... oma/indice which seems to imply that appropriate registration for electronic notifications etc is deemed to satisfy the requirement. I believe this uses the ViaCTT system. I registered for this long ago and receive my IMI bills and similar through ViaCTT. I can't guarantee that this eliminates the need for a Fiscal Rep but it certainly aids in making sure bills are paid.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

I failed at the first hurdle here, not having a VAT number nor Portuguese mobile.....
I believe this uses the ViaCTT system.
looks more promising...watch this space!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Geoff wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:20 pm
I failed at the first hurdle here, not having a VAT number nor Portuguese mobile.....
I don't have a Portuguese mobile either but it is optional to declare one. You may fare better if you switch off automatic translation (VAT No is a bad translation for NIF).
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Trouble is, para 6 says, my bold:
6 - Taxable persons residing abroad, as well as those who, although residing in the national territory, are absent from it for a period exceeding six months, as well as legal persons and other legally equivalent entities that cease their activity, must, for tax purposes , designate a representative with residence in the national territory.
So, it looks as if UK residents will need a Fiscal Rep.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Look at paragraphs 14 & 15 as well.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Look at paragraphs 14 & 15 as well.
Ah, looks more promising, thanks!
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

There may be more to it than I think, so do your own research! I doubt that the professionals who will understand these things are going to advertise ways of making their fiscal representation services unnecessary.

Unfortunately I can't go through the process at https://eportugal.gov.pt/servicos/aderi ... letronicas to see what happens as I seem to have blocked my Chave Móvel Digital (and it seems that to unblock it requires a visit to an Espaço Cidadão - not easy with travel restrictions).