Residence Permit Application Certificate

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Residence Permit Application Certificate

Post by widge »

We were issued with certificates on 22 September 2021 9 together with QR code) and advised to await an email inviting us to attend our local SEF designated office to submit our bio metrics for issuance of a new Residency Card.

Since then we have heard nothing. Is anyone else in the same position or have any more information ?
RoyC
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Residence Permit Application Certificate

Post by RoyC »

This is Portugal and bureaucracy works slowly. We applied and got certificates on 14/12/2020 and have heard nothing. Until then it is driving licence or passport for I.D.
Geoff Simcox
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Geoff Simcox »

Hi Widge,

By way of update, I obtained my certificate on 18th January having started the process in October last year. It was issued under the Withdrawal Agreement. I have also been told to await an appointment - but have heard nothing further. Have you??

FYI, when going through passport control at Faro last week, I was told that upon production of my Certificate I could jump the queue and did not need to produce my passport. I'm not confident about doing so - but if anyone has tried it successfully, it would be good to hear.

Also, although pre arrival Covid tests are soon to disappear, Ryanair would not let be board in reliance on NHS Certificates for two jabs, a booster and a recovery. Passport control told me I only needed the recovery certificate - £120 down the drain on unnecessary tests for wife and me!!

Best Wishes,

Geoff
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the update, pleased to hear that you have your certificate.

According to the press, the process of appointments and biometric data gathering hasn't started yet. I don't know anybody (ex pat) with a new digital I D card.

The rules around entry requirements have been misinterpreted by many, especially airlines, to the detriment of travellers.