Long Term Rental Wanted

Share experience regarding ownership of property and/or living in Portugal.
Dr Phillip Mather
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Long Term Rental Wanted

Post by Dr Phillip Mather »

Hello all.

I'm brand new to this Forum so I do hope I'm posting this message in the right place and its content is appropriate.

My wife and our two children (12 and 9) are planning to relocate to the Algarve from the UK (Bristol). We're currently here on an extended visit (arrived 7th March and leave 16th April) and have been staying in Carvoeiro for most of our trip. We're pretty certain this is where we would like to settle. We're thinking that we will move into a rental initially, while the sale of our home in the UK goes through, so we can get back over here ASAP and the kids can start at their new school etc.

My reason for posting is that we would like to find a long-term rental (6 months minimum, ideally up to 12 months) that we can stay in while we sort out our UK affairs and find the right property here to purchase. Does anybody know of a lovely, furnished Villa that might be available for a longer-term let that won't cost the earth and put a major dent in our deposit funds? Or any recommended contacts / websites?

Many thanks in advance.

Phill & Rachael
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Long Term Rental Wanted

Post by widge »

Hi Dr Philip,

I am from Bristol too ! Have had a house here since 2004 and, like you, love the area and the lifestyle here.

I don't know of anyone who does long term rentals but I'm sure the local villa management companies will. You could try Rene Kalkbrenner in Carvoeiro (in road) or Stefanie Zickler from Borboleta in Ferragudo.

I wish you luck with your search and hope the relocation from Bristol goes well.

Best wishes.
Dr Phillip Mather
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Long Term Rental Wanted

Post by Dr Phillip Mather »

Hi Widge

Thanks for the contact details. We actually found a house we really like in Carvoeiro and have offered on it, so we're hopeful we won't need to pursue the long-term rental option. We're back in the UK now, from late Saturday, and really wish we were back in Carvoeiro!

All the best
Phil