Vimar Carvoeiro

Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Vimar Carvoeiro

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Had lunch there yesterday, how come we never discovered this place before after having our place here for 10 years? Excellent for 10€ 4 courses, friendly and attentive staff, we'll worth a visit. :D
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Vimar Carvoeiro

Post by cumbria sue »

Gary/Gaynor wrote:Had lunch there yesterday, how come we never discovered this place before after having our place here for 10 years? Excellent for 10€ 4 courses, friendly and attentive staff, we'll worth a visit. :D
we go regular when we are over . also very good at night as well and prices are very reasonable, have reccommended a few times on here as have other's :D
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Hi Gary and Gaynor

There is an excellent web-site www.carvoeiro.com with a 'restaurant reviews' section where Vimar is regularly praised - you should try it sometime :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to lunch with you.

Roy
Rubydoo
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rubydoo »

Went to Vimar's one lunch time with our toddler granddaughter and they weren't very accommodating. We left and ate elsewhere.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Used a lot by the locals - had a good lunch there :)
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SJ & RE »

Ate there a few times when we were over in March/April, very pleasant and friendly and ideal for a good Sunday lunch :D
Madeofmoney
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Madeofmoney »

Great value
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

Back from a recent visit. We ate at Vimar twice, but on the second occasion, the service was incredibly slow, and food over-cooked. Disappointing.

We also ate at Primavera. Once. Effusive service, with waiters pointing to the more expensive items on the menu. The pasta and pizza we chose were dull, dreary and tasteless.

We will be back to CVO, but not Primavera.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

I was out in cvo in September and found the service at Vimar very slow. Starter and mains were 40 mins apart. Food was good. Really enjoyed Mama Mia up in MC though, first time to try and pleasantly surprised.
Cooler King
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cooler King »

Hey Gaynor,
Even better , Gary at his age qualifies for the OAP 10% discount! I'm sure you shouldn't have to advise staff, it's obvious, but take his bus pass just in case.

CK! ( Still practising).
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

My Wife and ate at Vimar on 3 January 2015 and I visited on the 4th December 2014 on both occasions I found the food good and service fine (nothing is done in a rush) in the December visit on of our party had dietary issues and the restaurant coped without any problem. I also found it good value for money and will visit in May when we will be a party of 12
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

We really enjoyed the food here. Staff were friendly and attentive, will return again for sure.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

I and 12 others of my party had our dinner on the 27th May 2015 Food good as usual all had diffrent iteams the service was all good and super valur for money aswell
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

After giving this place a miss for a couple of years because of poor service and a deterioration in the food quality, we went their yesterday with a party of six and everything was back to the old days.

We had five different meals between us and every one was cooked and presented to perfection - even one of the waiters from two years ago had returned !!

For €10 for a three course meal, with four fish and four meat choices, including cover, soup or salad, main course, wide range of desserts, generous drinks and coffee it now rivals any of the competition and we will certainly be back.