Fim de Mundo

alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Fim de Mundo

Post by alf1956 »

We paid a visit to this place last night as we had heard lots of good reports about it & we found why it has such good reports, the service was good, the staff were friendly & the food was very good, i had the lamb chops which were nice & thick, cooked well & plentiful, the other half had the 30 day matured steak which was divine, we didnt bother with a starter as we heard the portions were generous. The couvert was more than enough with cheese, tuna spread, glokamole,2 types of chorizo,olives,garlic carrots & 2 bread rolls.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Fim de Mundo

Post by algarve123 »

I would agree, great place for a meal. The people there are super friendly and accommodating also. No fear of leaving hungry!
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

Thats correct algarve123 they are very friendly & i forgot to mention the mixed grill, we saw a couple order it & it was 38 euros for 2 people & it stated on the menu "massive portion" well when it came i was in shock by the amount on the plate & needless to say the 2 people who ordered it didnt manage to eat half of it but as they do doggy bags they took away 2 large doggy bags !
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Very true alf1956, we have seen it but never dared try. Looks like a job for them to carry it to the table, nevermind consume it! Its great that the high quantity is always met by high quality too. I think they have struck a perfect balance between unpretentious friendly dining and high quality food cooked beautifully. Love it!
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Loved the fact you could pick your steak from the cabinet! And what couldn't eat on our visit we used as a cold meat salad following day! :D
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Is it just me that finds this a puzzling concept? I just find it odd, and a bit of a waste really, to prepare meals of such quantity in anticipation that much will not be eaten. If you take a doggy bag there's some chance the food will be eaten, but to deliberately (it seems) make too much is something I don't quite get. First World conundrum I guess.
No moralising intended, just an observation.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

destroyer wrote:Is it just me that finds this a puzzling concept? I just find it odd, and a bit of a waste really, to prepare meals of such quantity in anticipation that much will not be eaten. If you take a doggy bag there's some chance the food will be eaten, but to deliberately (it seems) make too much is something I don't quite get. First World conundrum I guess.
I tend to agree. I have always had great food there and the welcome from Jo & Vas is great as well but we have stopped going there because the portion sizes are too large. I would prefer it if they cut the portion sizes (and prices by the same amount :)). It's a really odd complaint because I can't fault them in any other way.

:?
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Farol wrote:
destroyer wrote:Is it just me that finds this a puzzling concept? I just find it odd, and a bit of a waste really, to prepare meals of such quantity in anticipation that much will not be eaten. If you take a doggy bag there's some chance the food will be eaten, but to deliberately (it seems) make too much is something I don't quite get. First World conundrum I guess.
I tend to agree. I have always had great food there and the welcome from Jo & Vas is great as well but we have stopped going there because the portion sizes are too large. I would prefer it if they cut the portion sizes (and prices by the same amount :)). It's a really odd complaint because I can't fault them in any other way.

:?
One way to look at the issue is, you get two meals for the price of one, a hot steak dinner at night then a cold meat salad at lunchtime the following day! :wink: :lol:
Rob5260
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Rob5260 »

We went here January 2017 for my sister in laws 60th birthday..4 of us in all, fantastic service, food excellent, my brother and I had steaks, my wife had the lamb chops and sister in law had a massive tiger prawn...she was in seventh heaven. No chance to return yet, but it’s on the bucket list.