Mato Serrao

John & Fifi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Mato Serrao

Post by John & Fifi »

We are negotiating purchase of a house in Mato Serrao. Seems a very nice area within reach of most things. On the road down to CVO on the right is a cleared area like a 'square'. Does anyone know what this is earmarked for and any thoughts about the area?
kteee

Post by kteee »

Mato Serrão covers quite a big area - it is fine, but getting very built up now with the Jardim do Hibisco and Monte Santo developments, plus the new one being started opposite Solferias.

I'm not sure which cleared area you mean, can you give some more info?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I thought that was just the car park for the Sales office for the new development opposite Solfeiras that Kteee mentions ?
John & Fifi
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Mato Serrao

Post by John & Fifi »

Thanks for the replies. The bit of land I was refering to is on the right past the Manuela Statue and just before the wide bend towards the Orange Restaurant. Any info would be appreciated.
kteee

Post by kteee »

I know where you mean now - it has been like that for years, although there has been a lot of building there recently so perhaps there are plans for more houses there - a trip to the Câmara would tell you whether there are any building licences in place.
Jinan
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jinan »

I know the land you refer to, when we were viewing the house next to it last October the agent said that it belonges to the council and they plan to make it into a park.
Last time I was there , end of June, ,I noticed that they are clearing it , I saw a skip twice removing the ???
Jinan
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jinan »

Sorry. belongs to the council.
And ..removing the rebel??
Its the new laptop. :oops:
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi, I think we viewed the same house as well, and the estate agent told us the same thing, that it was being turned into a park, there is some movement at the moment. (the estate agent wasn't vernons was it)
Jinan
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jinan »

No it wasn't Vernon, it was someone very close to the square, I cant remember his name.
Sandy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Mato Serrao

Post by Sandy »

Has all the building work been completed now on Jardim do Hibisco? Do they have a website?
Kteee/Roy?
kteee

Re: Mato Serrao

Post by kteee »

yes, finally, it's all finished now - thank goodness

haven't come across a website