Quinta Nossa

stanleymansion
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Quinta Nossa

Post by stanleymansion »

Hi!

A great site, thank you for all the information. This is my first post, so here goes!

We are going to stay at a converted farmhouse called Quinta Nossa; it's in Mato Serrao. We understood that the house is 800m from Carvoero town and beach. Looking at Google maps, I think I've found the house from the pool and unusual garden shape and the layout of the property itself, it seems to be considerably more than this!

As I'm disabled and have limited walking ability, (800m is within my capability if I take my time) it's rather important. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who knows for certain the exact location of the property so that I can hopefully put my mind to rest! I have asked the agency who rent the property who assure me that 800m is more or less correct but will not supply an exact location until we have paid the balance of the money.

Thank you for your thoughts! :)
Peter Belinfante

Re: Quinta Nossa

Post by Peter Belinfante »

stanleymansion wrote:I would be very interested to hear from anyone who knows for certain the exact location of the property so that I can hopefully put my mind to rest!)
Is it this one? http://www.rent.carvoeiro.com/PropertyD ... erty_id=28
stanleymansion
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Quinta Nossa

Post by stanleymansion »

Peter Belinfante wrote:
stanleymansion wrote:I would be very interested to hear from anyone who knows for certain the exact location of the property so that I can hopefully put my mind to rest!)
Is it this one? http://www.rent.carvoeiro.com/PropertyD ... erty_id=28
Hi!

Yes, this is the one!
tbbr
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by tbbr »

Wouldn,t anywhere that is 800m form the beach in CVO involve a walk up hill and some of these would be very steep ?
stanleymansion
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by stanleymansion »

tbbr wrote:Wouldn,t anywhere that is 800m form the beach in CVO involve a walk up hill and some of these would be very steep ?
I haven't been to Carvoeiro before but I am aware that there is quite a hill climb coming back out of the town. That in itself is possibly manageable but what concerns me most is the actual distance to the house. One because I don't want to have to rely on a car for the duration (I imagine parking in CVO in the height of the season is a nightmare), and two I would like to be able to allow my 3 boys (aged 13,14,14) to walk to town and back on their own. Up to a km each way I would be ok with but more than that I'm less sure. Additionally 800m would give us the chance to go out for a meal and drink and enjoy the walk back. If we have to drive due to the distance it rather spoils things.

Google maps seem to suggest that the house is situated just south of the junction between R.do Bairro Boavista and Rampa Mato Serrao, approx 2-2.5kms from the beach and town. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong property, fingers crossed, although it looks suspiciously like it!

Thanks for your reply :o)
tbbr
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by tbbr »

If google is right then that area is 2-3km from the town and would certainly NOT be an easy walk back.
stanleymansion
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by stanleymansion »

Thank you for your reply tbbr. It's not looking good, sadly :(
kteee

Post by kteee »

stanleymansion wrote:
tbbr wrote:Wouldn,t anywhere that is 800m form the beach in CVO involve a walk up hill and some of these would be very steep ?
I haven't been to Carvoeiro before but I am aware that there is quite a hill climb coming back out of the town. That in itself is possibly manageable but what concerns me most is the actual distance to the house. One because I don't want to have to rely on a car for the duration (I imagine parking in CVO in the height of the season is a nightmare), and two I would like to be able to allow my 3 boys (aged 13,14,14) to walk to town and back on their own. Up to a km each way I would be ok with but more than that I'm less sure. Additionally 800m would give us the chance to go out for a meal and drink and enjoy the walk back. If we have to drive due to the distance it rather spoils things.

Google maps seem to suggest that the house is situated just south of the junction between R.do Bairro Boavista and Rampa Mato Serrao, approx 2-2.5kms from the beach and town. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong property, fingers crossed, although it looks suspiciously like it!

Thanks for your reply :o)
I don't think the house quoted is called Quinta Nossa - will try to check next time I drive past.