Multi-talented Student looking for Summer Work!

Amber1983
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Multi-talented Student looking for Summer Work!

Post by Amber1983 »

Hello! I'm a 27 year-old female and plan on being in the Carvoeiro area this summer, beginning in June. I'm looking for summer work and have experience in a variety of areas. I speak Spanish as well as basic Portuguese. I can supply a resume/CV as needed. I'd appreciate any tips on possible jobs out there!

Thanks,

Amber Kremer
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Multi-talented Student looking for Summer Work!

Post by Michael Crane »

"Multi-talented Student looking for Summer Work!"

Such enthusiasm deserves success.

Good luck.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

If you haven't found anything before arriving, do the rounds of bars and/or other suitable businesses and take your CV. Start with where you would rather work first. There is usually someone looking for summer staff and June should still be early enough to find something.
Amber1983
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Amber1983 »

Thank you for the tip! I've been a bit hesitant about the idea of going to Carvoeiro with no job set up first, but it's nice to know that there should be some opportunities out there! =)
kappa
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by kappa »

Will be rather difficult to find a job in restaurants or bars. Has been very quiet so far as tourists at the moment prefer walking around with rucksacks and catering for themselves. There is hardly enough work for the locals.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Those that do arrive are likely to speak Spanish so you might have a chance. The problem is if you are looking for earning enough to pay rent as well as living you might have a problem :(
topcat
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by topcat »

Hi
We are setting up a new on-line company selling advertising space on our web page we are looking for part time selling staff on a commission only basis to sell to Hotels, villa owners, water parks, restaurants, bars ect ect, would this be of interest to you? if so message me i will be in Carvoeiro from 13/07/2011 untill 20/07/2011.
Thanks