Searching for summer bar work between now and mid september

pauly
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Searching for summer bar work between now and mid september

Post by pauly »

Hello, I am currently looking for some bar work around the Carvoeiro area during the summer season until mid-september. I am a 19 year old student from Glasgow with previous bar work experience and have just returned from Carvoeiro on holiday and am eager to return as I enjoyed my time there greatly. I have been going to Carvoeiro for the past 15 years with my family and friends so I know the town very well and have great affection for it. If there are any positions open it would be greatly appreciated if I could be considered as I would very much relish the opportunity.
Thank you,

Paul
Mike Hunt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Searching for summer bar work between now and mid septem

Post by Mike Hunt »

If you have been going for the last 15 years you will have noticed how tourist figures are down?
Portugal is in crisis! The days of pitching up and getting bar work for the summer have long gone my friend! Even the locals are struggling for work. Do you speak any Portuguese or any other languages?

Bars and Restaurants are closing down all the time in the Algarve. Carvoeiro is much quieter than previous years. If you want any chance of bar work maybe you would stand more chance in Praia da Rocha or Albufeira. Sorry to be negative,but I really don't think you stand much chance.
ditzy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ditzy »

Paul I've heard a couple of places are still looking for staff, let me double-check and I'll get back to you
Mike Hunt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Mike Hunt »

ditzy wrote:Paul I've heard a couple of places are still looking for staff, let me double-check and I'll get back to you
Ditzy.Can you Pm me the list too or post it one here? Or maybe even get the Bars/Restaurants to post the job opportunities themselves? I know a few people, Locals and Ex Pats who would find the information very useful.

Good luck Pauly.Are you be looking for a fully employed position or self employed, or just Cash in hand......nudge nudge wink wink say no more. Please do let us know how you get on. Especially if you have to register at the tax office and pay National insurance on your earning etc.

It would also be interesting to know for other readers of this forum, if the money you earn actually covers your living costs, Food rent etc.
pauly
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by pauly »

Thanks Ditzy, much appreciated.
Mike Hunt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Mike Hunt »

:roll: