WALK - WEDNESDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2020 – WESTERN FUNCHO

The ad hoc walking group
Dafmie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

WALK - WEDNESDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2020 – WESTERN FUNCHO

Post by Dafmie »

As Russell stated in his recent posting, he and Linda will be leading walks on a Monday, and David and Mieke will be leading walks on another day (usually a Tuesday or Wednesday). We would appreciate it if people only book onto one walk each week so it will give more people an opportunity to enjoy the walks, unless there are still places at the last minute. Also we can only take existing CVO walkers at the moment.

David and Mieke will be leading this walk and numbers will be limited to 2 Groups of 5 people, so only 8 more places available.

We will kick off our walks with this classic walk by the Western part of the Barragem do Funcho.

Start : 10.00, but please try to arrive at the start by 9:45

Duration : About 2 hours 20 mins.

Degree of difficulty (Scale 1-5) : 3 (Energetic for 20%, Easy for 80%).

Dogs. Dogs are allowed as long as they are under control and are quiet.

Directions : drive from CVO to Silves, go over the bridge and turn right and follow the N124 for about 7 kms until you see a turning on the left signposted "Barragem do Arade”.

Drive in the direction of the Barragem for 1km when there is a restaurant on the left ( A Rainha): turn right, signposted Canestros and Gregorios.

Drive through both Canestros and Gregarios for 3kms then make a sharp left turn, almost doubling back on yourself. Drive for 2kms until you come to a T junction at the top of the hill, turn right, drive through the village of Vale Fuzeiros, and the O Gralha is one of the last buildings on the left. Please park opposite.

Map ref : 37.2534693 N, 8.3454438W

Usual caveats - all walks are at your own risk, and we do not walk if it is pouring with rain.....I will endeavour to put any cancellation note on this site by 8:30 on the day of the walk.

Any questions, please ask or ring 00 33 624 624 792 .

David
Helenap
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: WALK - WEDNESDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2020 – WESTERN FUNCHO

Post by Helenap »

Hi David, would love to join your walk on Wednesday but as a ‘newbie’ I don’t want to take the place of any regulars. So happy to remain on the reserve list.
Thank you.
Saryan
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Saryan »

John and I would like to join you for the walk please. Many thanks
Saryan
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Saryan »

Hi David and Mietke Unfortunately John and I are unable to join you for your walk on Weds 4th November. I hope it goes well and to join you some other time. Sorry about this. Susan
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Hi David
Did you manage to do this, or was it caught by the need to stay within your own council area?
Geoff