WALK - MONDAY 21 DECEMBER 2020 - ILHA DE ROSARIO

The ad hoc walking group
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

WALK - MONDAY 21 DECEMBER 2020 - ILHA DE ROSARIO

Post by Linda and Russell »

Linda and Russell will be leading this popular walk by the confluence of the Arade and the Odelouca rivers around the Ilha de Rosario. Distance about 10kms as we will be taking the route up the hill so we can enjoy the nice views down to the river. There is just the one big hill and the rest is mostly flat. We will be walking on the narrow levada for some of the walk.

The usual rules apply, wear suitable footwear, bring a drink, walk at your own risk and no charge. Please respect social distancing. The numbers will be limited to 10 people in 2 x groups of 5 x walkers.

Directions: from CVO, cross the bridge into Silves & turn left on the N124 towards Monchique/Portimao. After a little under 5 km you will see the Mira Rio cafe & restaurant on your left after a sharpish right hand bend. Parking is at the café. You can also take the N124 from Portimao to Silves and the café is 5km on the right.

The cafe is closed on Mondays but if anyone wants to join us for lunch after the walk we can drive 5kms to the Ourique restaurant where they do a set lunch for 10 euros with a chance to eat al-fresco if the weather is warm enough.

Please indicate below if you would like to join us for the walk. The contact number of the day is: 0044 796 0552618
pinkypuffin
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: WALK - MONDAY 21 DECEMBER 2020 - ILHA DE ROSARIO

Post by pinkypuffin »

Jenny for walk please x
Bertie8500
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Bertie8500 »

Mags for walk. Thanks.
Wendywoo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Wendywoo »

Hello
Steve and I for the walk. Thanks
Ren
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ren »

Ren John and Alfie for walk and lunch too please
MikeAlmond
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by MikeAlmond »

Mike for walk please.
Ren
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ren »

Sorry to say I will be unable to join you all for the walk tomorrow. John and Alfie will still come but now not stay for lunch. Look forward to seeing you all on the 28th. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas x
Ren
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ren »

Sorry to say I will be unable to join you all for the walk tomorrow. John and Alfie will still come but now not stay for lunch. Look forward to seeing you all on the 28th. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas x
MikeAlmond
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by MikeAlmond »

I’m afraid I’m also not going to be able to make it. The gear cable on my bike snapped today and so I need to get it into the shop first thing tomorrow to see if they can repair it before Christmas. Shop doesn’t open til 10am unfortunately. I hope to see you all on the 28th.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Mike
Linda and Russell
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Linda and Russell »

We all enjoyed the lovely views on the walk today.
We all enjoyed the lovely views on the walk today.
views down to the river.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
We all enjoyed a drink at the Mia Rio after which opened especially for us for drinks only.  Two of us went and had a very enjoyable al-fresco menu at the Ourique restaurant afterwards.
We all enjoyed a drink at the Mia Rio after which opened especially for us for drinks only. Two of us went and had a very enjoyable al-fresco menu at the Ourique restaurant afterwards.
Walking by the levada.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
All us European residents send our best wishes for a safe and happy Christmas to our friends across the waters who are not able to enjoy the lovely Algarve sunshine during these difficult times. Cheers to you all and hopefully we will all meet up again in better times.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

All us European residents send our best wishes for a safe and happy Christmas to our friends across the waters who are not able to enjoy the lovely Algarve sunshine during these difficult times. Cheers to you all and hopefully we will all meet up again in better times.
Very many thanks , as a pair stuck in Fortress UK...please keep the photos coming to remind us what we are missing. Hope to join sometime next year...