Tower RIP

see map http://www.carvoeiro.com/images/areiasd ... emilho.gif
halj
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Tower RIP

Post by halj »

Good news.

I've just learned that Lagoa Camara has removed the unslightly box that would have contained the electronics for the tower that came close to disfiguring our neighbourhood. As they've promised to clear any infrastructure associated with the tower this is a very good sign. Just before we returned to Canada I ran into Jamie Botelho, a member of the Camara, and asked when the clean up would begin. His answers weren't very encouraging but action is always better than words.

With that in mind, I hope everyone in and around ADM will keep their eyes and ears open so that those of us who are far away can be informed of any developments.

Hal
halj
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Tower RIP

Post by halj »

I'm pleased to be able to report that the legal bill incurred in fighting off the ill-considered and baffling proposal to build a communications tower in ADM has now been paid and I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to to those who contributed to our legal fund. It has been a distressing and costly experience and I'd like to think this is the end of it - except for the fact that the area around the water reservoir has been disfigured so badly it will take a long time before it begins to improve.

Does anyone have any information as to whether Lagoa Camara has any firm plans to clean up the mess?