Travel Chaos

Please use for all posting related to the volcanic ash travel chaos
e-richard

Re: Travel Chaos

Post by e-richard »

Stranded ?
Head for Santander NOW. The British Navy are coming to get you. ETA Tuesday morning.

This is not a joke, but its a pity that we don't have more info on how to ensure a ride.
You'd think they would have published some details by now.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

The ship planned for santander is to pick up 300 troops heading back from Afghanistan, there is no news yet whether it will have room for stranded travellers. Brittany ferries have said that they do have room.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Just been anounced tat Scottish air space to a line from teeside to blackpool will reopen from 07.00 tomorrow. still cant fly through the cloud but it seems to be clearing from the North downwards.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I have had an horrific thought:

Quote from NATS website:
...the latest Met Office advice is that the contaminated area will continue to move south

As the UK and other Northern European airports open, will we see airports in the South of France and Iberian Peninsula start to close ?
brian viggers
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by brian viggers »

Hi May have some seats to london on a coach leaving cvo on thursday will be in london on saturday morning. pm me for details
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

Just got back - train to San Antonio, ferry to Spain, mini bus to Seville, then coach trip for 32 hours (yeah - what fun - with 2 x 45 minute food stops and half a dozen 10 minute comfort stops) to Calais.

Got there (we had driver with car waiting for us to go back to Dover) - the rest of the passengers n the coach managed to get themselves on as foot passengers on the same ferry. It is not rocket science to organise a way home. Yes, it took me from Saturday 7am until 11pm on Monday - and my flight was not meant to be until Sunday evening - but if you need to get back, then just do it.

Approximate costs 5 euros for train, 1.5 euros for ferry, 20 euros for mini bus to Seville, 140 euros for coach, 25 euros for ferry (plus petrol and incentive for driver!) - not that excessive if you are getting some money back on the return flight in the first place. Oh - and 70 euros as I had to overnight in Seville and didn't want to walk miles to a cheaper hotel ...
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

We are still in the UK waiting to travel out , but at least its sunny here!
The papers say that Ryanair & Easyjet are putting stranded passengers up in hotels, at no cost , with 3 meals a day. The report was from Spain. Are they treating stranded travelers at Faro the same way does anyone know?
IF we get out there, be nice to know what might happen if we can't get back!
completecarvoeiro
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by completecarvoeiro »

I see that on this websites main page there is a price list for (carvoeiro.com,internationaltransfers)travel by road to many european destinations including for us Brits at 2,800 euros for 1-4 people a route to Calais,my ex partner offers London for 3,000 euros and gets thoroughly malined,not by everybody obviously as the car became full within 40 minutes of putting on this website but just by the idiots who dont think things through fully,not being able to realise that some people NEED to get back to Britain by hook or by crook,one of the people who are now going back in the car is a pregnant lady who has an appointment in her home city of Manchester for a scan next week,although my associate lives in central London he has offered and been accepted to take the lady to directly to her home at no extra cost,in my opinion a very gallant gesture indeed,maybe the moral of the story being you only get out of life what you are prepared to put in,therefore think on idiots before you open your big mouths in the future.

To conclude on a lighter note,Simon is a friend of mine after selling him one of my houses in Mallorca a couple of years back and im sure he will be delighted to read this particular section in due course,believe me he is one of the nicest people i have ever had the pleasure to do buisness with,and is the most generous man i have ever met.

I thank you,have a nice day.
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

A coach from Seville to Calais costs 4500 euros - 3 drivers on a 50 seater coach (with 32 passengers). The company is called A Luct. We ordered the coach, then approached people at Seville station to see if they wanted to join us on the trip. However, we were not looking to make a profit, just to get home and help as many people as we could at the same time.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

BBC news last night. one of their reporters is stuck in Spain, EJ passengers are getting hotels etc paid for, Ryan Air providing very little.

We had a call for a family who left our apartment on thursday, they have a NEW flight date of the 28th APRIL.
Their carrier will no longer pay for the hotel, they are moving back into our apartment, we have given them a much reduced rate.
carvoeiro1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by carvoeiro1 »

coach leaving Thursday from Monte Carvoeiro Reception seats still avalible contact 282350110 160.00€uros pp direct to victoria London
cjherts
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by cjherts »

Hi

When does that coach get into London? Is it taking passengers back to Carvoeiro?
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Why I am NOT surprised that you know Mr cowell. I have passed on the info on the coach to our marooned guests.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

I too have met 'Simon' at an animal charity he finances in Barbados.
I am sure that if he could help in anyway he would 'free of charge' of course!
He doesn't need to make a quick buck out of unfortunates.