Site Admin

Comments posted between 20-10-2000 and 03-12-2002

Post by Steen Jakobsen »

Date:
09-11-02
Time:
08:47:45
Comments
Monte Dourado has lovely apartments, and is very convenient for all the village facilities.

We always used to stay on Rocha Brava, Vale de Milho etc, but really enjoy just stepping out of the apartment and being in the centre of Carvoeiro (we stay on the lower level and do not find road noise or parking a problem at all). We do not have to rely on the hire car for everything and can split up and go in different directions, not relying on my husband to take us everywhere!

The apartments are all well equipped, the best ones being the duplexes as they normally have balconies to the front and rear of the building, and also have 2 bathrooms plus a separate toilet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
25-09-02
Time:
13:08:25
Comments
Hi, jusy returned from the monte dourado apartments on the 21st Sept 2002. We had a great time even though the weather was so bad it rained for four days out of our seven.Thankfully the apartment was so well equiped it made our stay very enjoyable. The reception staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We will be back next year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
16-09-02
Time:
12:22:54
Comments
Just returned from a week at Monte Dourado apartments (upper level). Nicest apartment we have ever seen (we were in No 88) & the complex itself is excellent - pools, etc. very clean. Very handy for town but also very quiet within apartment & around the complex. Would recommend Monte Dourado & Carvoeiro to anyone.

The sandal & socks spotters!!

Date:
11-09-02
Time:
22:22:27
Comments
I have stayed at Monte Dourado several times and can honestly say that I have always had a great time.Also, the reception staff are very nice and very helpful.

Date:
29-08-02
Time:
23:07:06
Comments
Just returned from 2 weeks in Monte Dourado, re the previous comment below, you will not find a more spacious apartment in Carvoeiro. We had a 2 bedroomed duplex apartment which had 2 full sized bathrooms & further washroom, 3 balconies one of which was a terrace a massive 15' x 25' which had the sun all day. We chose an apartment on Rua do Barranco which is at street level there was a little traffic noise but nothing too major, re the hill, it really wasn't that steep I have endured worse in Tenerife - but there again I didn't have to climb it every day, but worth the climb if only to meet the wonderful reception staff, in all excellent accommodation and most recommended.

Date:
27-08-02
Time:
21:54:06
Comments
My family and I (2 adults, 4 kids 1 - 7 years) are planning on booking a spacious appt. for a 2 week vacation in Oct. 2002. But we are not sure whether this place is the right one for a big family with still small children. Are there any special suggestions and valuable infos as to what one should consider with this regard? R.W.P., Cologne, Germany

Date:
28-06-02
Time:
22:05:53
Comments
We have booked an appartment for the end of July and we have 3 children at the age of 5, 3 and only 10 weeks. Could anyone tell me what is the best area to be in considering the age of the children. It is very important that the apartment is near a swimming pool, because the oldest can't swim very well so we have to keep an eye on them while the smallest can stay inside...

Thank you in advance!

Date:
20-06-02
Time:
00:49:53
Comments
We have booked two weeks at the lower level appartments at the last minute, leaving for Portugal in two weeks. How are they suited for a young family, 8, 6 and 3 years old? Are they noisy? Can we park a rental car easily? Many thanks.

Date:
23-05-02
Time:
17:38:25
Comments
Calling all vegetarians. Flying out with my girlfriend on 8th June and staying at Monte Dourado Apartments. Can anyone recommend good vegetarian eating in the Cavoeiro area. No meat or fish or anything with a face! Muito Obrigado (Many Thanks)Denis & Linda

Date:
20-05-02
Time:
11:41:56
Comments
Someone wrote.....

"I have just booked 2 weeks in August at the Monte Dourado Apartments, I am a bit disturbed to read about the theft comments! Has anyone else had any similar experiences. Also as I have booked direct I have choice of apts, any comments as to the better locations for the 2 beds apts would be appreciated (have a little one in tow who would refuse point blank a masive hike)"

Just got back from monte dourado on the 18th. The appartments have double locks and chain on the main door, all windows have locks which combined with the locking shutters are quite secure. The appartments also have alarms which you can set at night (or day) and they also have a safe! My view is that of common sense needs to be applied with leaving valuables around and leaving, say the patio door open when you are not around etc.....

w.r.t the hills, my 4 year old coped with the hill upto Buganvilia!!! They do have lower level appartments, however these are facing the main road which is busy and difficult to park on. My personal view was that the upper level apparments seemed a more 'attractive' and am glad we chose this over the lower apps..

cheers,

Paul H

Date:
20-05-02
Time:
11:31:52
Comments
Someone wrote -.....

"Going to Monte Dourado appts two weeks tomorrow. OAG guide suggests that the upper level appts are best suited to mountaineers!! Is the access really that steep? Slightly concerned as our daughters are 4 and 2 and a half years and will not relish the daily climb, even if it is good for them."

Just got back from Monte Dourado (18th May) which was very nice and well equiped appartments. I have a 4 year old and 11 month who travels in a pushchair and I didn't think the hills were that bad!! we we in the buganvillia appartments, however the esterlicia, margarida and orquidea were up a futher hill which we never went up - what appartments are you in?

Date:
12-05-02
Time:
14:42:00
Comments
We just came back from Monte Dourado last night. Very nice people & practical surroundings ! I think "Restaurant Palmeira" was pretty good and "Happy" was also recommended because it's cheap & good. If you like fish, then you have to try out "Backalau brass" (the spelling is not sure,but..) Ohh, nice place it was & I can't believe that I was there yesterday....I'll be back !!!

Date:
10-05-02
Time:
13:30:29
Comments
Going to Monte Dourado appts two weeks tomorrow. OAG guide suggests that the upper level appts are best suited to mountaineers!! Is the access really that steep? Slightly concerned as our daughters are 4 and 2 and a half years and will not relish the daily climb, even if it is good for them..

Date:
23-04-02
Time:
17:07:39
Comments
I'm going to these apartments on Saturday, can anyone tell me the best places to eat!

Date:
16-04-02
Time:
15:56:41
Comments
I have just booked 2 weeks in August at the Monte Dourado Apartments, I am a bit disturbed to read about the theft comments! Has anyone else had any similar experiences. Also as I have booked direct I have choice of apts, any comments as to the better locations for the 2 beds apts would be appreciated (have a little one in tow who would refuse point blank a masive hike)

Date:
15-04-02
Time:
20:27:24
Comments
e-mail address for monte dourado aptmts. stevenc@monte-dourado.com web site www.monte-dourado.com prices sent via xl, it may take a while for a reply, & maybe more than one request!! carvoeiro is excellent for all ages, without a doubt.numerous visits over 15 years. try "o tasco" restaurant, you will not be dissapointed. back again in 4 weeks,can't wait! cheers Denis Wood.(yorkshire)

Date:
22-03-02
Time:
04:46:57
Comments
March 21, 2002 Spent 2 weeks (March 3-17th) at Monte Dourado; we were in an apartment/villa and it was nicely furnished; spacious - two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen; balcony. Two comments - the small wall heaters definitely do not warm the place up on a cool, wet day! and the long hike up the hill! Seriously though, the Monte Dourado was very nice and we have no hesitation in recommending it.

Date:
10-09-01
Time:
17:07:24
Comments
We spent two lovely weeks at Monte Dourado in august. In my oppinion it is the best of all appartements in whole carvoeiro. The appartements could not be better and our pool area was so clean as it only could be.

I´m very sure that I will come back next year, it was the best 2 weeks I ever had in an holiday.

Date:
29-08-01
Time:
20:09:40
Comments
Dale:

ould appreciate Monte Dourado email address.

Thanks, Jim.

Date:
30-07-01
Time:
12:22:53
Comments
my family and i spent two wonderful weeks at monte dourado, carvoeiro. the appartment was really okay, the service, too. at least i want to say greetings to the painters, who were and are at monte dourado´s. of course, i wanted to stay longer ...

- sorry for this bad english, but i´m german -

Date:
09-07-01
Time:
14:57:42
Comments
Just had 2 wonderful weeks at the Monte Dourado Appartments. Everything was as good as we would have wished. Like a previous comment the poolside was not always as clean as it might be One story of a theft whie we were there but the holidaymakers had left their patio door open at night! We lost 2 items of clothing - could have been the maids but don't know. Carvoeiro itself is excellent for families as were the appartments.

Date:
03-06-01
Time:
15:55:31
Comments
we spent 2 lovely weeks at the monte dourado, the only disappointment was the dirty area around the pool. The pool was cleaned every day but the ares surrounding it was dirty and covered in woodlice.

Date:
10-05-01
Time:
21:41:57
Comments
Is there an e-mailaddress for Monte Dourado?

Date:
06-11-00
Time:
22:24:09
Comments
We spent one wonderful week in a Monte Dourado appartment. Well equipped and furnished, spacious (115 m2 for 2 persons), close to town centre. The only sad point was: Several bank notes were stolen out of our wallets in the living room while we were sitting on the terrasse! Knowing that it was also our responsability and that it can happen everywhere: Pay attention and never let your wallets, etc. out of sight!!

Date:
20-10-00
Time:
04:28:12
Comments
where would I find pricing for monte dourado apartments